How to fix / rewire Hot Toys DX LED Base?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenom0rph

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys

Played a bit too much with my latest DX08 Joker LED Base. Somehow the cables between the 2 LEDs were very short and after turning the LEDs some times the lights something got damaged.

First the batteries got very veeeery hot and then the lights went off, though the batteries still were damn hot.

So I decided to pull them out and screw the base open. Everything seemed to be intact and all the wires seemed to be in their correct place.

After detaching the two parts of the base 2 of the wires got disconnected, and now it looks like this:

foto100412204815.jpg

So what happened here?

- Why got the batteries still hot even the lights weren't on?
- What got damaged? Wires, LEDs, some connectors?
- Which cables belongs to which? Is there a way to connect without soldering?

...definately Chinese tech in there...bad QC,,,on my Batman DX Base there are no probs. :-/

Sorry guys, I have nooo clue about such electricity things...just been damaged too much I think.

Cheers
xeno

It's the most simple/basic/elementary science class electrical connection:

Problems might come from switch or the LED points... rewiring the whole thing might take a few minutes.

Basically 4.5v (3X1.5v batteries in serial) in parallel connections to all the LEDs (the 2 LEDs gets equal 4.5v).

This may help explaining... (Diagram on the right... but with 3 batteries, LEDs instead of resistors).

series_parallel.gif

Back