How to find out going prices

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HODLr

Based
Reaction score
Is there a web site that everyone uses that is the go-to place for the current market prices on all sizes, formats, etc? I'm just wondering if there is a kelly blue book for collectibles?

Is there a web site that everyone uses that is the go-to place for the current market prices on all sizes, formats, etc? I'm just wondering if there is a kelly blue book for collectibles?

Yes it's called eBay :wave

Sometimes people on ebay ask 6 times more than it's really worth and it sits there forever unsold.

One thing to do is search ebay then click the SOLD LISTINGS filter checkbox and see what pieces people actually bought and paid for and for how much.

Unfortunately on a computer you cannot see what someone paid for it if it was a best offer style listing... however the android app seems to reveal the actual price it sold for some reason (probably a bug for now)

I would go to toytracker.net. It's not exact but its a pretty good gauge on the current market.

Go to toytracker.net. It's not exact but it's a pretty good gauge on the current market.

On second thought lol.......It's wayyyyyy off. Grey Hulk $500 LOL yeah I don't think so.

Last edited:
Toytracker is not too good

Best is to check ebay completed listings:

erzd5x.jpg

Yup. Ebay sold or completed listings is what I always use.
In the real estate industry it's called comparables. It's essentially the same thing here. :)

Right and you see that AT-AT that says best offer accepted? The web browser won't usually tell you how much it sold for... but for some reason the Android app does... at least for now...

The market is all over the place so any mainstream selling place such as eBay, craigslist, gumtree etc is a good indicator.
If you are looking to buy, check forums like this as in general true collectors don't like to scalp fellow collectors :peace

Ebay sold listings (for auctions, not buy it now), then subtract 10-15% and you have the going rate.

Right and you see that AT-AT that says best offer accepted? The web browser won't usually tell you how much it sold for... but for some reason the Android app does... at least for now...

Nice find. Thanks for the tip. I don't know why they took that away in the 1st place.

When you order the sold listings on price(highest or lowest), it seems to put the best offer in the correct order for the price it was sold. This means that you know between which prices a piece was sold for. I could be wrong of course but it seems that it is like this:wink1:

If that doesn't work or if anyone doesn't have the app, you can use Collection Stash to find out the best offer accepted.

If you go to www.collectionstash.com and then find a product you are searching for the price on.

Like this one https://collectionstash.com/collectibles/view/1585

Click the Price Guide tab and then enter in the eBay Item Number and it will give you the price (and best offer price if it was that type of auction).

Back