How old are you gamers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how old are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
42! Damn, does that make me the oldest on here?

My first console was the Magnavox Odyssey, how many of you have even heard of that one? :D

I was young, but as I recall it played only a few games, all derivations on PONG.

in 1977 I moved on to the Atari 2600, which cost a staggering $170 at the time! Wonder what that would be equivalent to today? The games were $30 or $40 each as well.

Video games died for a while, thanks to Atari consistantly releasing bad games (I'm looking at you ET) and I rejoined gaming in 1990 (late to the game) thanks to my (at the time) girlfriends brothers.

Since, I have owned every major console with the exception of the Wii U.

As for the next gen, I may just get the PS4 this time around, but havent made up my mind.

EDIT - According to an inflation calculator I used, the Atari in 1977 cost the equivalent of $635.00 today and buying a game would be like spending at least $112.00 now.
Hehe, yeah that's crazy when you think about it. Kind of amazing that it sold so well at those prices.

36. First console was the 2600, but it belonged to my brother. First one I owned was the NES in 88'. Wanted a Genesis bad, but never got one. Eventually scored a SNES. Got a PS1 on day one, but passed on the Saturn. Since then, I've owned all of them I think. They all eventually got a game or two I really wanted to play and I'd cave.

Seriously considering waiting on the One and just getting a PS4. They both have exclusives I'm interested in but I dont want to drop the money all at once to get both. Still not decided.

Amazing the price of the atari on release.
Thought consoles were pricey now but back then it was the novelty factor and new technology of the day,
Still crazy.

Been a gamer since mum would send us to church on sundays she'd give us 50cents each, we'd go get 5 ***** per game at the local pinball parlour (Papa Luigis)for 20cents, that was back in the late 60's, been through the gammit of consoles since those days
These days (not very often) I like to crack Nazi Zombie scons on Cod, (Xbox360)just wish those game developers at Treyarch would come up with a decent version
So there u go young ones, if u enjoy gaming can you imagine what your in for in the next 10-15 years
Btw looking forward to Oculus Rift,
Beam me up Scotty

I remember when Atari was first introduced and then playing a Nintendo soon after. Now the PS4 and Xbox will be coming out soon.

31. Started On atari.
Over the years, I've played
NES
SNES
Game Watches
Gboy
Genesis

Turbo Graphics 16
N64
Playstation
Ploystotian
( bootleg PS1, played bootleg games, LITERALY said ploystotion on it)
Atari Jaguar

All current consoles
( Consoled on bold I actualy owned)

26 :) play old gen from amstrad ,Commodore 64 news etc all way up to 360 n ps3 all
Games except footy :):hi5:

Haha! I had an Amstrad CPC as a kid as well (crocodile commercial!!!) but I never knew how to use it and then the apartment caught fire so I lost it. 486 Packard Bell was next :)

If we're going to list allt he consoles we've had it's going to be rough.
NES, Master System, GameBoy, Game Gear, Genesis, Mega-CD, 32X, PSX, N64, GBA, GBA SP, Dreamcast, PS2, XBOX, Gamecube, DS, PS3, 360, Wii, DS Lite, 3DS, Wii-U.
Also PC-Engine Duo-R, Neo Geo X

And someday, SOMEDAY! I will have a MAME cabinet.

This is one of my earliest "gaming" memories:

atari-game.jpg

Do any of you even remember or played this game?

This is one of my earliest "gaming" memories:

atari-game.jpg

Do any of you even remember or played this game?

I'm surprised you'd have any memory of something like this. You born in..85? 86? Atari was dead and buried and the NES ruled the world by the time you were born. It would've been 89' or 90' by the time you would be old enough to really remember things today. Interesting.

I'm 23!!! And will keep playing til I'm 70. Also started with my beloved sonic!!

Back