How Much Would You Pay For A 1:6 Chewbacca?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much would you be willing to pay for a 1:6 furry Chewbacca?

• $80 - 120

Votes: 43 44.3%
  • $120 - 180

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • $180 - 300

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Who cares!!?? Its Chew-freakin-bacca!!!!! I'd pay anything!!!!!

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters
I've asked this before, but how surprised would everyone be if Medicom announced a 1/6 Chewbacca?

So far the safe range looks to be between $125 and $150, which is around Jabba cost. If they went and used the body mold for sayyy at least 3 OT Chewies (ANH, ESB and ROTJ) and possibly an exclusive (Snow swept Chewbacca) would it be do-able for SS? I hope so as Hasbro's Chewies all pretty much suck. Oh great Darklord, is there any other way other than here that we can make ourselves truely known.. or should we just wait and assult them at SDCC :monkey3 ?

Seems like the most obvious way of doing Chewbacca is making him exactly like the costume was made. The face would be the only hard thing to get to look right, but with a proper head sculpt and CAREFUL placement of the fur it just shouldn't be that hard. I can't imagine why that would be such a problem. Perhaps a Sideshow rep can flat out say what the issue is, because I'm just not really seeing it. :confused:

Buttmunch said:
Perhaps a Sideshow rep can flat out say what the issue is, because I'm just not really seeing it. :confused:

Its the price. They are worried there projected costs would be a high-risk/low yield investment.

If someone asks me "How much would you pay for...", my answer is always: as little as possible! I like to pay the price it's worth, period. I'd be stupid to pay more than necessary.

Now that we're at it, if retailers manage to sell Sideshow stuff for less then Sideshow, I wonder if Sideshow isn't asking to much. It's all in the profit margin, yes, the profit margin...

Is fake (or real?) fur really expensive? They made the Creature from the Black Lagoon figure and he was only $50 when the others were like $40-45. Jaws was also the same. So logically, if the figures are $60 now. He should be no more than $90 given $10 increase for size, and $10-20 for suit + fur. They Made Jabba the freaking Hutt and throne and they are worried about price? :confused: I don't think so.

If they made it and stuck a Hot Toy$ sticker on the box, they'd get at least $200 for it.

Buttmunch said:
They Made Jabba the freaking Hutt and throne and they are worried about price? :confused: I don't think so.

I had the same thought, look how many of us bought Jabba by himself at $120, let alone with throne, now I know they still have them in stock and all, but if a lot of us shelled that much out for (while an amazing piece and collection) a secondary character, why the concern about one of the most beloved characters in the OT trilogy and a key character in 4 out of 6 films, just because it'd be one figure and smaller than Jabba, doesn't mean we wouldn't front that price for a good Chewie.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
That's right Creech, but if you write Hot Toys ON the box, you better make sure you have Hot Toys quality IN the box too!
Some people wouldn't know if their
00000877.jpg

was on fire. An' SW fans probably wouldn't bother putting it out in the rush to get a Chewie. You know Sideshow is going to make one better than what's been put out before. So the rush will be there.

Perfect? Quality? How do you rate that? Imperfection is what makes this planet in the least bit topical. If you don't already know, from the threads that abound, someone is going to find something wrong with it, no matter what the price.

If Sideshow IS worried about price how about they lay it out for us. Say how much they except Chewie to be, what he comes with, what he will be made out of, and then use their main page poll and ask us if we would honestly pay that (the choices being yes, only if I have too, no, and I don't collect Star Wars).

The first problem is sourcing the material that has the fur on it that looks right in scale.

The second problem is making the outfit out of that fur material.

The third problem is getting the face right in a combination of sculpt and fur.

And a sculpted Chewie is not acceptable.

Back