How much weight can a Besta shelf take?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can take alot, but to be 100% safe, use the extra shelf to double up the one you're putting Hulk on, and you'll be fine.

It can take alot, but to be 100% safe, use the extra shelf to double up the one you're putting Hulk on, and you'll be fine.

Don't have the extra shelf. Weird that I got lights for my Besta and they haven't blown in over three years. I use them constantly.

Anyone do an open-air display? Where you put the statues on long rows of shelves whose base is on the floor. The statues are lower the eye level and you can walk around the statues. It's the same setup as they have SideShow statues in Midtown Comics in Manhattan. Like them but perhaps not so high up. Perhaps set up a few rows and put lots of statues.

I'd so do it if I had room. Shelves really aren't ideal for 3 dimensional works of art.

Last edited:
Oh, that's right - Besta... I was thinking detolf...
Anyway, you can put it there safely. I have all my statues in bestas, no problem at all.

Oh, that's right - Besta... I was thinking detolf...
Anyway, you can put it there safely. I have all my statues in bestas, no problem at all.

If it breaks, I'm suing your ass! Give me contact information and fax a copy of your driver's license and social security card. 718-478-4876 :D

Oh god the humanity, if that shelf fell through and possibly destabilized my unit, breaking all my statues. I'd have to get them back. I never could though, specially some customs.

First I'd take a week off from work for mourning. Then definitely quit my job. I'd join an out-patient group at a psychiatric hospital for a few weeks to really talk it out. Get some sweet meds for my depression.

Not sure how I'd put my life back together after that or where to begin.

I've always had a fascination with mountain men. I do enjoy isolation, hence the statues. I'd move to cabin in Alaska, get a gun, a can opener, and grizzly bear named Bart(after my bear in WOW). Spend the rest of my years out there, hunting, chopping wood. Go into town in the fall before winter to stock up. Put as much distance between me and that tragic event as I could... But the PTSD would remain

Last edited:
thinking of putting Gladiator Hulk on the middle shelf. The bad boy weighs about 40 pounds. So I'm iffy.

Any ideas?
I used to display my sideshow berserker bust on top of a besta unit. At first i was a little worried, but after some months i never had a problem. This besta unit was the double one (in length).

I just had my T-600 bust on a besta shelf last night but I removed it because I wanted to look up the specs.

The shelf max weight is: Max. load: 20 kg
I'm talking about this shelf: BESTÅ Shelf - black-brown - IKEA

For the top I checked out the pages for the frames and they all seem to say:
The frame can support a max load of 53 lbs on the top.
BESTÅ Frame - black-brown - IKEA

Sideshow's site says T-600 is 55 pounds but I need to check for myself. That would make it heavier than what their site says the berserker weights and that doesn't sound right. I did have the berserker on a Besta at one point but it was a double wide one with a metal frame on the bottom and a glass top and I kinda kept it in the middle where the column would support it better.

Yeah, thats what i did also, kept him in the middle, aligned with the center column. If you put in the middle above the column, it shouldnt be a problem, it can take the weight.

You should be fine. I have ivy, harley and joker and cap, black widow and red skull on 1 shelf it seems fine no warping of the shelf. Just make sure you push all the pins in and both top and bottom screws in secured. Besta are amazingly well designed, invest into doors to avoid people or kids from putting there body weight on it. If your paranoid you could install 2 brackets on each side.

Cheers

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Back