How much packaging do you keep?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPrime

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering. I'm currently going through a "packaging purge" that needs to happen every now and then to avoid clutter and better use storage space.

I was keeping those MOTUC boxes for a while, those are the latest thing to go. So far, I've kept all my Sideshow and Hot Toys boxes (mostly exclusives), but I don't collect as much of that stuff as you guys do, I can only imagine it's a far bigger problem for some of you guys...

I'm in the process of moving and I didn't realize how much room these boxes take lol. I don't have any smaller figures but all the hottoys stuff is in a spare room. The boxes are nice artwork to keep around.

Boxes take up a TON of room. I pretty much keep everything as my collection rotates a lot and I've moved 5 times in the last 6 years. Once in a while, if there's a piece I really like (HT Robocop/ED-209), I'll throw out the box so I'm not tempted to sell it. :)

Most of my boxes get tossed. The only one I plan on keeping is the Joker DX box. Last night I tossed the shipping boxes (and styrofoam) for my PF's. I did keep the outside color boxes since they look cool but folded them down so they don't take up any room. If I ever move I am sure I can transport them without any trouble and there is no way I'll sell them so I don't need to worry about that part.

I keep everything but the outer shipper.

I keep all my boxes.

I keep everything

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I do it not so much to sell down the line but rather if for whatever reason I need to store/rotate/move my stuff, I don't have to worry about breakage or loosing pieces. Like Mary Poppins said "a place for everything and everything in it's place"

I bet that's the first time and only time in the history of SSF that anyone has ever quoted Mary Poppins. Thank you :lol

Everything. Though certain parts of my place are starting to look like a Sideshow warehouse now.

I gotta start using my attic more...

Any tips for storage? Anyone actually have to go out and rent a storage unit?

I keep the boxes to my real good stuff. Hot toys and other big fancy boxes, I obviously keep them in prime shape. But for other normal type boxes, you could always neatly collapse them, they will take much less space. I used to keep the card for smaller figures, but that just didn't appeal to me any more.

Just wondering. I'm currently going through a "packaging purge" that needs to happen every now and then to avoid clutter and better use storage space.

I was keeping those MOTUC boxes for a while, those are the latest thing to go. So far, I've kept all my Sideshow and Hot Toys boxes (mostly exclusives), but I don't collect as much of that stuff as you guys do, I can only imagine it's a far bigger problem for some of you guys...

On my PFs, I keep it all. My 1/6's I pitch the shipper. That's it.

Just out of curiosity, why do collectors keep the color box and yet not the Sideshow shipper, when the shipper barely takes up anymore room than the color box?

Back