How much do you spend a month on the hobby ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the time those days could be frustrating now looking back they added excitement. Least you knew the items were limited so if it was one you wanted it was a battle not to be lost 

I agree that there was a rush when you saw that you snagged a desired collectible. But it was equally frustrating when you got the wait-list notification.

It was literally the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, :lol

**** that..I hated PO days back then

:lol :lol :lol

I'm good for this year. Nothing revealed at SDCC for me to PO and I only had the HULK and Wolverine MAQ shipped out to me so far this year. I do have Bane shipping out to me in about 10 days and then my POs are all cleared out. So, I dropped about $1300 with sideshow this year and I think I'm clear for the rest of the year unless a Flash or Martian Manhunter PF unexpectedly go up for PO sometime this year.

A few lost POs for me this year based off sideshow's art direction. I would've definitely POd the Deathstroke and Magneto PFs if sideshow would've simply given us those PFs in their classic costumes. As is, that's money staying in my pocket.

Last edited:
Indeed.

You see newbs jump in and rifle through ordering all kinds of stuff. Getting all these items in at once doesn't give you near enough time to really enjoy and take in the detail of a figure or statue.

haha.png
:monkey3

Who says I don't enjoy my figures?

giphy.gif

For me, it's hard to say. Last year, I'd typically be flexing 2-4 figures at a time every month(at somewhere between 50-200 bucks a month, meaning every paycheck I made a payment on at least 2 figures) and that would be half a year and the other half I'd only be paying on maybe 2 figures at a time and every year there's 1 or 2 figures I pay full price on that I get for a good deal or I somehow have extra money(income tax check or whatever) and I can just buy one full price.

This year was a little weirder. I spent the first 4-5 months of the year going nuts on paypal credit like a madman and buying up grails(66 Batman and Robin, an t800, Robocop, tony stark and workship, kirk and spock from qmx) and then I had to slow down and return to my normal 2-4 figures at a time flexing which I told myself I wouldn't do but...here we are.

The funny thing is, I'm no longer a newb and I don't like EVERYTHING but I do tend to veer towards the more "pop" stuff like Marvel, Star Wars, and DC and if you're into those, there's always a ton of product coming out. I don't get everything and as this is an expensive hobby, you HAVE to cherry pick but even then it's a hard decision.

Almost 0$ I have scaled my collecting WAY back. Have most of what I want in my collection. I use to buy 1-2 a month. Now 1 every 6 months.

Back