How much do you spend a month on the hobby ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all want 'everything' when we start out.

My collection has changed so much over the years.
I'm very content now so only truely awesome pieces will be considered in the future, which is saving me a fortune.

Since I joined this forum back in January I've spent probably somewhere in the ballpark of $15,000. I just wanted to buy it all. After over a hundred or so 1/6, a couple 1/4, and 4 PF's, I'm starting to experience a moment of clarity.

Oh, and I blame all of you enablers. :lol

:lol Everyone goes through that in the beginning. Eventually you'll settle down and start getting more selective.

I'm down to about a couple 1/6 figures a year. There are only a few figures I wouldn't pass on and I doubt those'd ever be made:

- Frank N. Furter (RHPS)
- Daniel Larusso/Mr Miyagi (Karate Kid)
- Basil Fawlty/Manuel (Fawlty Towers)
- Captain Blackadder (Blackadder Goes Forth)
- Cheech and Chong
- Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

I've got Tamashii R2 and Stormie Han coming. Then a long winter :)

:lol Everyone goes through that in the beginning. Eventually you'll settle down and start getting more selective.

Indeed.

You see newbs jump in and rifle through ordering all kinds of stuff. Getting all these items in at once doesn't give you near enough time to really enjoy and take in the detail of a figure or statue.

Indeed.

You see newbs jump in and rifle through ordering all kinds of stuff. Getting all these items in at once doesn't give you near enough time to really enjoy and take in the detail of a figure or statue.

That describes me pretty well. I have been buying for about a year and a half, and have almost 40 figures, about 30 helmets, and a few other odds and ends pieces. I have started to slow down. There just are not a lot of figures I want (1/4 Marvel and 1/4 Star Wars) and space is becoming a larger concern than the money.

I average about $150 to $ 225 a month in collectibles. But I've been very selective and use Flexpay a lot.

Freudian slip? ;)

:lol :lol

Since I joined this forum back in January I've spent probably somewhere in the ballpark of $15,000. I just wanted to buy it all. After over a hundred or so 1/6, a couple 1/4, and 4 PF's, I'm starting to experience a moment of clarity.

Oh, and I blame all of you enablers. :lol

haha.png
:monkey3

We all want 'everything' when we start out.

My collection has changed so much over the years.
I'm very content now so only truely awesome pieces will be considered in the future, which is saving me a fortune.

Yup. My collection has changed a lot too and with the current prices I'm really selective on what I buy.

QFT! :lecture

Yup, that's what I did at first, but then so many things were so limited back then, you didn't really have to time to think it over like you do now. I remember waiting for the exact time to buy something, only to get the white page of death and the big W. :(

I've got a load of things I want to get rid of now. Anyone want some Iron Mans? :lol

Yup, that's what I did at first, but then so many things were so limited back then, you didn't really have to time to think it over like you do now. I remember waiting for the exact time to buy something, only to get the white page of death and the big W. :(

I've got a load of things I want to get rid of now. Anyone want some Iron Mans? :lol

timthumb.php
:)

There were times when you went to order something and it would sell out in minutes and you got a W in front of your order number saying that you were on the waitlist.

When exactly does that happen? 25 years and it's still pedal to the metal. The only selecting I seem to be doing is taking the $800 custom figure over the $200 mass produced figure or the $1000 statue over the $400 statue.:lol

Ah memories of the good ol' days. Waiting for the exact time and refreshing the order page like a madman! :lol

When exactly does that happen? 25 years and it's still pedal to the metal. The only selecting I seem to be doing is taking the $800 custom figure over the $200 mass produced figure or the $1000 statue over the $400 statue.:lol

:lol Maybe I should have said that people eventually stop buying all the "cheaper" pieces and just upgrade to buying most of the more expensive ones.

I've dropped out of high-end for the most part but even just buying NECA I'd say I still manage an average of 250euro a month due to buying multiples of most figures and shipping costs counted in.

I'm saving 65$/week in case there's something I love but in reality when it comes time to actually buy it's maybe 1 or 2 in a year. I just don't have the space to display everything I want to so have to let things go.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Ah memories of the good ol' days. Waiting for the exact time and refreshing the order page like a madman! :lol

At the time those days could be frustrating now looking back they added excitement. Least you knew the items were limited so if it was one you wanted it was a battle not to be lost 😶

A hell of a lot less than I used to. Its too expensive and most of the items are not worth it in terms of quality.

I'm down to about a couple 1/6 figures a year. There are only a few figures I wouldn't pass on and I doubt those'd ever be made:

- Frank N. Furter (RHPS)
- Daniel Larusso/Mr Miyagi (Karate Kid)
- Basil Fawlty/Manuel (Fawlty Towers)
- Captain Blackadder (Blackadder Goes Forth)
- Cheech and Chong
- Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

I've got Tamashii R2 and Stormie Han coming. Then a long winter :)
Oh I also wish they would make all of those. You have great taste.

I have some of the same issue. At first I was buying and pre-ordering all kinds of things. 1/6 scale, Premium Formats, Maquettes and from everything (DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Movies). Luckily I only ended up with three 1/6 scale figures I never opened and will eventually sell (Iron Man Mark 42, Iron Patriot, and Black Suit Spiderman) and one 1/4 scale Boba Fett unopened from Hot Toys. I did end up canceling a lot of pre-ordered from sideshow that I lost the NRD. I eventually settled on only Marvel and Star Wars 1/4 scale or Maquettes, and art prints relating to those two franchises as well., plus some lightsabers, a blaster or two, and helmets and masks (also all Marvel or Star Wars).

All that has allowed me to reign in my spending some, but I had so much on pre-order I will probably be spending over $1k a month until the end of the year.

Last edited:
Back