How many versions/variants of the same characters do you have in your 1/6 collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got to wondering from a discussion in another thread about what people attitudes to collecting the same characters multiple times in different versions or variants is.

For example the never ending Iron Man army, various Terminators, Wolverines ect...

So the purpose of this thread is to List all the different versions or variants of the same characters you have or had in your collection and give an insight into what kinds of characters you feel lead to this kind of collecting and which don't and the reasoning.

_____

I used to have several Iron Man armours, Spider-Man, Nolan Batman and Joker but when I down-sized my collection I sold them and kept one for a definitive version of that character.

At the moment I have no multiples though I'm planning on getting the T2 T800 DX13 for the final battle look in addition to my standard look one and have a second Wolverine on order to represent X-Men Days of Future Past

If Hot Toys were to make a Cannibal Jack Sparrow DX I'd be inclined to get that version in addition to my standard DX, same with a MGS Big Boss if they make a new version from TPP.

Generally my attitude toward collecting several versions of a character is that I like to have only one definitive version of a character to represent that character and movie. That's a collecting quirk of mine, I feel that one key collectible of a character is better than a sea of them as it feels more special and singular

Certain characters I feel lead themselves well to multiple versions.

Characters like Terminator represent the various scenes from the movies, Marty McFly again representing the movies, the various different Predators.

Those often look quite different to each other or are movie or scene specific whereas others even if they're scene specific I feel just aren't as representative.

Another factor is Iconography. Certain characters are iconic enough to have multiples to represent each movie like those listed just above.

Yet another factor is cost, I cant' afford an army of Clone troopers or the like, if I could I'd probably love to have a kick ass display of them all in formations but with the way my finances are I'd rather spend my money of a few key singular versions of my favourite characters than variants of the same ones.

I just collect what I like - I do have multiple versions of Iron Man (7 with an 8th on the way) and Thor (also 8, 4 of which are customs - three I customized myself - well one isn't quite done yet). Other than those I have 1 of the various other characters. I may not keep the multiples long term, but they're fun to have for now. My space and money is pretty limited, so chances are I'll sell them eventually.

I also prefer to only have 1 definitive version of each character. I used to have a few different iron men but brought it down to one(mark 42). I have the die cast mark 3 on PO, so I can see myself selling mk 42 when that comes. Same with ASM2 and ASM1.

I have several Bruce Lee figures, three from his role in Enter the Dragon.

But generally I'm not into multiple versions of the one character. I tend to prioritise buying an unrepresented character over an alternative take on a character I already have.

None sold all mine due to the recession, so I'm getting the figures I had before for example Robo. I owned V.1 had to sell it but have pics of it and a video review, this new one looks 10X better, even when there were 2 Jokers V1 and BR I still only choose 1 BR cause of the sculpt and would just sell my figures when a better version came out, in the case of HT Indiana Jones, but when the in hand pics of that came out I cancelled that pre order.

I like to have every representative version of the character. Batman Begins Batman is very different from Dark Knight Rises Batman. But the Golden Age Captain America and Winter Soldier Captain America are virtually the same costume - one's just a little taller than the other and has more padding. I still can't decide which I want to display, but I don't want both.

Well I'm that collector that enjoys variant figures from multiple scenes from movies that I enjoy. I have most Nolan figures, iron man, avengers, predators all the terminators, potc, mos, 3 versions of Bruce lee etc.

Just Kerberos Panzer Cops, but it's different from collecting multiple versions of same Batman, same Joker etc, it just looks odd having more than 1 of such figure displayed in the same cabinet.

it's like having 10 Stormtrooper in the same cabinet vs 3 Darth Vader from EP IV,V,VI in the same cabinet. People whom have no idea about Batman & Starwars might think it's cool to have 3 Masked Cape Droids standing side by side, or having 5 jokers to make it look like it's a circus.

None sold all mine due to the recession, so I'm getting the figures I had before for example Robo. I owned V.1 had to sell it but have pics of it and a video review, this new one looks 10X better, even when there were 2 Jokers V1 and BR I still only choose 1 BR cause of the sculpt and would just sell my figures when a better version came out, in the case of HT Indiana Jones, but when the in hand pics of that came out I cancelled that pre order.

how many things you had, and how long it took for you to sell it off? the thought of selling off 80% of my stuffs been wandering around my mind for few years, but i kept getting more, but at the same time selling some off, but it takes like few months to sell them after listing.

I have about 25 bruce lee's.from 3'' to 28'' figures and statues.and about 15 crows.from mini busts up to the 1.1 bust.sold many more(earlier poor versions)of bruce...ahh happy days:lol
pretty easy to guess what I collect:lol

how many things you had, and how long it took for you to sell it off? the thought of selling off 80% of my stuffs been wandering around my mind for few years, but i kept getting more, but at the same time selling some off, but it takes like few months to sell them after listing.

I didn't sell em all at once but months apart(took about a year), I used to sell on ebay, but moved to southern cali around that time 2008-2011 and sold em at a place called Frank and Sons, in the City of Industry, I had a lot of exclusives so didn't have a hard time making back at least retail if not more. But I needed the cash. It was hard to do at the time, thinking I would maybe never get em back. But in retrospect I've had a second chance to get what I've lost cause of V.2's that have recently come out this year. I'd say all together I had about 11 or so figures. Things like SS Jabba the hutt, and HT powerloader, but all 1/6th, mostly HT's the one I do miss the most is Godfather though.

As far as high end figures go, I generally like ONE to represent a character definitively if possible - i.e; Superman, Cap, Iron Man, HULK, Predator, RoboCop - etc.

That said - I have multiple Spider-man figures in the various scales, from 18" down. Movies plus various comic book incarnations.

Although I'm not a complete Batman nut like some here - I'm planning on making a Batman through the ages cabinet as well; Adam West to Ben Affleck. My Bale will be the Ninja Bruce from 'Begins' if HT make it.

Other than that - I'm all about SW, but I don't double / triple up on characters as far as the high end figures go. One Luke, one Han, one Leia, one Vader, one Obi-Wan - etc.

Last edited:
2 Vaders (one will be sold eventually)
2 Bale Batmen (which is about to change)
2 T-800

I dont like variants so I think after a while the only variants I have will be clean and BD T-800.

Well.........I have 27 representations of Arnold T-800 currently. 28 before the year is out. Not counting Endoskeletons.

10 T-1000s
7 Sarah Connors

I will have 3 Robocops
I have 2 ED-209s (1 old and 1 new)

Last edited:

Well.........I have 28 representations of Arnold T-800 currently. 29 before the year is out. Not counting Endoskeletons.

10 T-1000s
7 Sarah Connors

I will have 3 Robocops
I have 2 ED-209s (1 old and 1 new)

Yet no Reese :monkey3
BTTF is my movie, so if they made that many variants of the Doc and Marty, oh boy, :D

Yet no Reese :monkey3
BTTF is my movie, so if they made that many variants of the Doc and Marty, oh boy, :D

A glaring hole in the collection for sure. Well I've got the MMS01 2029 version but to be honest I don't even count that, its badly outdated. I await Hot Toys to make a proper one.

Back