How many suited Vader's do you plan on buying?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, they could just release an ESB or ROTJ Vader... and then give us a Vader accessory pack that has the crispy Anakin head and the other boxes and such. Make it so that one definitive Vader is all we need, yet we can get whatever version we want.

Either that or they will go with an OT and a PT version... I'd say ESB and ROTS. ANH Vader has the PF... so we have that version in some form. And ROTJ's improvements were pretty minor, but I still love that super glossy look he had in that film.

Would everyone rather have one Vader with all his armor variations in one box, or a different figure to display more than one version at a time?

OK, THIS is the Darth Vader I want:

vaderrustic8ri.jpg

I dunno why that image looks so cool to me... it just looks phenomenonally creepy... which is what Darth Vader was to me when I first saw that image at age 6.

- J!

If the question is how versions do I want, then I only need one version of him. The other versions are so similar that to me they don't warrant another version.

If it's how many I'd buy, most likely two. One to go with my Luke, and another to go with ANH Obi when they get to him.

But since I want every 12" SS does I plan on buying as many as they produce.

I would like all four versions so I can pose them with characters from each respective movie.

Yeah, get one for each set of characters. That is my attitude really.

Personally, I favor the ANH version, since day one, but TESB one is a fave in that it was more refined and geared for action (smaller helmets). I didn't like the lighter color of the silver/grey on the shoulders and the slightly lightened up brow (to make him less angry looking?) in ROTJ, but get why that was done.
I am not that fond of the ROTS look at all. Although I accept it is supposed to look like a NEW and immaculate suit...helm is too wide and TOO refined. That computer balanced face, where they sculpted one side, then let a computer lathe the other to match, where's the artistic expression in that!?!?! It's too perfect.
And Hayden, bless his heart, was just not quite big enough. But, that too makes sense for the story. he has to grow into it.

For a comparison between the helmets, look here:
https://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/Tanonvader_helmcomps.htm

I will always prefer the 1977 costume since the head was so large and that brow, man, he was angry! That's why I made my own custom one (on a modified Sideshow body I might add...scroll down page) located here:

https://figuremasterles.tripod.com/id31.html

I made him because, whether ANH one is made or not, I've GOT to have one.

I guess that really, the rest is preference. Eye of the beholder stuff.
It's ALL Vader man! :chew

But, if SS made one or more, I'd get them all I guess. We'll see what is produced first. (I bet first up is TESB...why? not sure...guaranteed purchases maybe...or not... reverse that logic...put off the most in demand one til last...just a guess) :D

Thanks for the link to that reference site Les! Great photos!

I also like the detailing on your custom. But are the edges of his helmet a tad short...? It might just be the angles.

Edit: Tried posting example pics, but they were too large.

Just noticed this thread! In answer to the original question -

Zero, Zip, Diddley :emperor:chew

Hope that answers the query

TC :lol

Khev said:
That's what's nice about the IKEA detolf display cases. You can display a nice range of characters in a case but they're easy to compartmentalize on each individual shelf so you can have ANH Han, Luke, and Leia on one shelf; Bespin Luke, Yoda, and R2, on another; Jedi Luke, Vader, and Palpatine on another and so on.
Any pictures of this swell-sounding shelving?

I just need one Vader. I don't count Sith eyes Anakin, as I may not keep both versions of Ani anyway, but one is all I need. I got sucked in to WAY too many Vader variants with the 3 3/4" Hasbro line-- I think I had over a dozen at one point between all six films. Give me a ROTJ Vader to go with my Luke. I think that's the most iconic version and to me he's virtually identical to how he appeared in ESB.

I'll most likely get all Vaders SS puts outs, cool to have a display of Vaders from different time frames.

Viking28 said:
I'll most likely get all Vaders SS puts outs, cool to have a display of Vaders from different time frames.

DA should have one shelf with all his Jasons and then a second shelf with all his Vaders!!

Back