How many suited Vader's do you plan on buying?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really only want one Vader, and that is the evil mofo from ANH, the one who breaks people's necks and flings the corpses at walls, the one who force chokes officers who disagree with him, the one who tortures his own daughter.

I find the widow's peak of the helmet, the differing tusks on the mask, the padded gloves and the tunic over the black armour simply more menacing.
I know SST supposedly made the ANH Vader in their PF line, but it's not accurate, besides, it's PF, not 12", dammit!

I would also love a "battle damaged" Vader from the Bespin duel. Of course, that would be simple to customize.

Medicom has already released superb (albeit off-scale) versions of ROTJ and ROTS Vader, so I guess it would make more sense for SST to deliver either ESB or ANH Vader first. The point they wanted to make of showing what SST and this line are about compared to other companies has already been made with ROTJ Luke.

If SST makes ROTJ Vader first, I'll probably buy him in the off chance that it's the only version they make, and if they release ANH Vader, I'll just sell ROTJ Vader.
But going back to the question, I'll probably buy two Vaders: ANH and ESB.

abake said:
I really only want one Vader, and that is the evil mofo from ANH, the one who breaks people's necks and flings the corpses at walls, the one who force chokes officers who disagree with him, the one who tortures his own daughter.
Bah. Give me the Vader who actually kills people by Force choking them (sometimes long distance!), isn't a lapdog to another Imperial Officer, fights with his lightsaber one handed, freezes galactic heroes for sport, deflects laser blasts with the palm of his hand, gives Boba Fett the finger, dismembers his own son and doesn't even flinch when a holographic Star Destroyer captain is vaporized mid-conversation! :D :vader :D

FlyAndFight said:

thanks man, im actually reading through one of them right now... i was just curious because im on the hunt for a PF vader. i appreciate it very much!!!

I think most of the criticism of Vader was silenced once people got him in their hands. Sure, it may be a more "idealized" Vader than a representation as he appeared in ANH, but it's still a kick-ass Vader. Only the die hard accuracy nuts have a problem with it.

I think the helmet was too big in ANH and would like to see just one 12" - maybe an idealized version of ESB and RotJ.

Personally, I don't see them making more than two versions of Vader. There are too many other characters they need to get to.

Although, I would buy every version they make no matter how many they make.

Darklord Dave said:
I think most of the criticism of Vader was silenced once people got him in their hands. Sure, it may be a more "idealized" Vader than a representation as he appeared in ANH, but it's still a kick-ass Vader. Only the die hard accuracy nuts have a problem with it.

I think the helmet was too big in ANH and would like to see just one 12" - maybe an idealized version of ESB and RotJ.

i agree with you Dave, i finally saw him in person last week. and to be honest im not the person that will purchase a different version from every movie unless there are drastic changes. in my opinion, this Vader is incredible!!!! there are some critiques, but what doesn't???

By "idealized" I just mean what they did with PF Vader. The helmet is a cross between all of his appearances really, not just ANH. I couldn't tell you what the differences are between ESB and RotJ, but conceiveably he could come with accessories so he could be from either movie, unless there are drastic differences in the armor or lightboxes or something.

I alreadt got my Vader. The PF. Those helmet thread arguments were certainly interesting to say the least.

I would want a ROTS or a TESB Vader.
For exclusives, I'd like a battle damaged right arm for Empire Vader, and for the ROTS one, maybe break away shackles to recreate the NOOOOOOO!!! scene.:emperor

There definitely aren't a lot of possibilities for an ROTS exclusive Vader item. The broken shackles are probably about it. They'd be cool though, maybe they'd be alternate hands with the broken chains dangling from the wrists.

Khev said:
There definitely aren't a lot of possibilities for an ROTS exclusive Vader item. The broken shackles are probably about it. They'd be cool though, maybe they'd be alternate hands with the broken chains dangling from the wrists.

The exclusive for this could be the "operating table" which could be raised to display the shackled Vader!:D

I would be more than happy to have multiple Vaders, but space and cost is an issue so I think one would do me fine....unless the acc. & exc. with other Vaders were just to damn cool to pass up, I might get more than one.

Agent0028 said:
I alreadt got my Vader. The PF. Those helmet thread arguments were certainly interesting to say the least.

after reading them i can say it depends on the individual. if you dont like it, dont buy it.

~~the ROTJ 12" version would be cool with removable helmet and amputated limb....we already have the ROTJ Luke why not do the ROTJ Vader???

Khev said:

What about a cool model of the unfinished DeathStar?

hairlesswookiee said:
~~the ROTJ 12" version would be cool with removable helmet and amputated limb....we already have the ROTJ Luke why not do the ROTJ Vader???

That's how I feel about it... bring on ROTJ!

But I wouldn't be surprised if they do make somewhat movie specific Vaders.. they already have a PF that is ANH... so my guess is we'll see variations in the 12" figures. I personally don't care about the differences, and its easier just to have one Vader that meets all my needs, but I can hear all the whining if that were done :monkey4

If they only made 1 Vader for some wee-yurd reason, just let it be ROTJ with removeable helmet. I know Sideshow would do an amazing Sebastian Shaw Likeness. Imagine the coolness :chew

Back