How many suited Vader's do you plan on buying?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they only made one I would prefer ANH. I wouldn't display him without his helmet on anyway and ANH looked the most mechanical & monstrous to me. Afterwards, he got his butt handed to him by the Energizer Bunny and became less of a threat.

- J!

Hmmm......looks like SS has their work cut out for them! Hey, to please everyone, why not release all the versions in stages?

pixletwin said:
If they only made 1 Vader for some wee-yurd reason, just let it be ROTJ with removeable helmet. I know Sideshow would do an amazing Sebastian Shaw Likeness. Imagine the coolness :chew
You know I didn't think I'd be that into an ROTS Vader but if they did one with a burned Hayden Christiansen head I'd probably have to get it. It'd definitely be the goriest suited Vader.

Khev said:
There definitely aren't a lot of possibilities for an ROTS exclusive Vader item. The broken shackles are probably about it. They'd be cool though, maybe they'd be alternate hands with the broken chains dangling from the wrists.

How about the lightsaber that we never see him use!? :eek: :emperor

LOTRFan said:
How about the lightsaber that we never see him use!? :eek: :emperor

hey talk to Master Replicas about that!!! to this day i still dont understand how they thought it was a good idea to sell them. the last lightsaber i bought from them was palpatine's.

~~i still hope only one 12" version is released there are so many other characters i want that would be wasted on different versions of vader. (yes i will admit that the sith anakin was a waste also)

Personally, I never paid very much attention to the details of Vader's suit. But when I saw the PF Vader, my eyes immediately told me that things were not right. I never noticed a difference between the masks in the 3 OT movies, but wow, it was BAM, right in my face when seeing the PF. It was a little disturbing because I had become so used to seeing how he had looked in the movies, and then seeing a distorted mask that was hard to describe what was wrong because there were so many subtle changes.

Well, couldn't Sideshow sell the helmet/armor variations separately like Maul's spy probes? With one basic figure, you could swap to any appearance you feel like displaying.:cool:

Super Poseable said:
Well, couldn't Sideshow sell the helmet/armor variations separately like Maul's spy probes? With one basic figure, you could swap to any appearance you feel like displaying.:cool:

Yeah, sure they could.

Though, seriously, there are [if ever so slight] variations in the suit. I count 3: ANH, ESB & ROTJ and ROTS.

If spaced out correctly, Ill get one of each. If there's a bottle neck of Vaders... I'd only need two (and could see making do with only one). The penultimate Vader from ROTJ and the ultimate Vader: ROTS.

For the ANH Vader, if SS makes 3, I'd really, really want him to be less idealized and more authentic. The reason: ESB/ROTJ as well as ROTS is the embodiment of the idealized Vader so what would be the point of an ANH Vader who only wears his robes differently? Unless he's the only with some cool feature like a kick ass voice chip.

Oh snap, there could be a forth Vader with Luke's face inside who is maybe a bit ghost like from Degobah... yeah... that sounds like a SDCC exclusive.

The difference between the ANH and the other Vaders is obvious, but where exactly are the differences between ESB and ROTJ Vader?

pixletwin said:
The difference between the ANH and the other Vaders is obvious, but where exactly are the differences between ESB and ROTJ Vader?

Slight and subtle variations on the mask. Not worth mentioning in 1/6th scale.

Just one if he comes with 3 heads. Full helmet/facemask, exposed head/facemask, unmasked. ESB version prefered.

The small differences between the mask/helmet of the 4 versions don't concern me. Just give me one awesome figure to rule them all, which I think SS will.

i would buy all different version, only because wach kind will come with different exclusive item, IF..it is an exclusive.

I don't know that I ever scrutinized the differences between all four films to notice significant differences in the Vader armor/helmet, but I would be happy to have at least two Vaders with removable helmets: Deep-Fried Hayden and Poached-Egg Shaw. I figure the Luke/Vader head from ESB could be an accessory, though.

Just one. I'm sure there are variations, but not any that I ever noticed.

(I'm aware of the differences in sabers, but that's a different sickness.)

It depends on what comes out first. I prefer ROTJ, just because that's a more "bang for your buck" version. Aesthetically, I suppose ESB is the most pleasing Vader, although I do like the glossy ROTS Vader, except for the chest armor.

Hell, I might get them all and mix-and-match the parts I like best to come up with a unique Vader.

I suppose for me it would depend how long between figures. If they were released close together I'd just get one - but if they were 12 months apart or so I would probably get them all.

Customikey said:
Hell, I might get them all and mix-and-match the parts I like best to come up with a unique Vader.
You mean the "essence" of Darth Vader? :D

Darklord Dave said:
By "idealized" I just mean what they did with PF Vader. The helmet is a cross between all of his appearances really, not just ANH. I couldn't tell you what the differences are between ESB and RotJ, but conceiveably he could come with accessories so he could be from either movie, unless there are drastic differences in the armor or lightboxes or something.

I think that's the point: it is a cross between all helmets/masks, so in the end, it is none...
The point in buying SST figures is that they are meant to be accurate representations of the movie characters as they appeared on screen.
I agree that ESB and ROTJ Vaders are almost identical, but on the ANH Vader the whole face mask and helmet, as well as the armour and the gloves (not to mention the tunic over the armour which would be an easy enough fix if it were long enough) are very different, noticeably so.
SST really needs to deliver accurate Vaders IMHO.

Back