How many statues do you own? Let's see the numbers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comicbookguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi I know we all buy statues of various kinds and we also have a thread of how much we all spent. But as far as collecting in this hobby. There's many things to factor in like space issues, size, price of each statue. So I'm starting to look at my space issues now. Thinking about getting rid of a few pieces to cut to buy better pieces I like instead. The mass amount of statues is also making me think about how big my collection will get in a few years. So how about you all? How many statues do you own as far a number? I currently have about 45 to 50 and about 20 on preorder. Do you all just keep adding more and more on? Or do you sell old onesand replace them with newer statues? How many statues are you all willing to squeeze into your collection? I don't really. Want to pass 100 pieces. So got to decide who to let go. Tough choice. But there must be a limit. This will also help me cut down on the statues I don't have to own. How about you all as far as number amount of statues how do you all keep control or do you just keep stacking with no limit? At the rate with so many good stuff coming out it's building up faster than ever.:panic:

Personally, I'm about to push past 160 counting current items and pre-orders. Space will likely be an issue though - I don't have everything displayed at the moment but hope to make those decisions when I have a larger space to build displays in. I've moved for work 2-3 times in 6 years, so I haven't purchased a home yet where I can start to see what will fit into the space I'll have available for displays. I can tell already from what I have displayed in my apartment that I may need to pick and choose a bit down the road. The only problem is I like to complete lines, so I would probably let all or most of a line go if I chose to sell off a set of pieces.

Personally, I'm about to push past 160 counting current items and pre-orders. Space will likely be an issue though - I don't have everything displayed at the moment but hope to make those decisions when I have a larger space to build displays in. I've moved for work 2-3 times in 6 years, so I haven't purchased a home yet where I can start to see what will fit into the space I'll have available for displays. I can tell already from what I have displayed in my apartment that I may need to pick and choose a bit down the road. The only problem is I like to complete lines, so I would probably let all or most of a line go if I chose to sell off a set of pieces.

Wow I can't imagine all your brown boxes for all those. The space those things take up are crazy. 160 is a damn lot of statues.:) must be a great collection once you display of them someday.

In hand 19 statues plus several more on order. Now if you count my sixth scale figures I have more than that.

I don't have as many as most on here but last count a few years back around 60. I mostly collect ex in the $300- $700 price range so not as many moving forward. Especially with import costs to Aus I can't buy as much as I'd like

In hand 19 statues plus several more on order. Now if you count my sixth scale figures I have more than that.

I did include some 1/6 in there, but that doesn't account for very many (<10). Most is SSW, Sideshow, and Weta LOTR polystone stuff from the various lines.

I did include some 1/6 in there, but that doesn't account for very many (<10). Most is SSW, Sideshow, and Weta LOTR polystone stuff from the various lines.

Got ya. That's impressive for sure :rock I'll count everything up tomorrow. Just for giggles.

Got ya. That's impressive for sure :rock I'll count everything up tomorrow. Just for giggles.

Yeah, just didn't want to misrepresent because I do have some HT Batman on my list. I kind of consider those to just be pieces in my collection, not necessarily drawing a difference between those and poly since they're in the same price range. Same with poly busts - I would call that a "statue" too in terms of tallying things up.

Haha vs is funny, maybe 10x 10 x10 for you
I am easy pass 100 if I count the one I have double. If just display, maybe over 60 .

Wow just by the amount of statues someone owns I can figure out how much you all spent. I see everyone is a very serious collector. Just by the number of statues I have an idea of the crazy $$$ someone has spent. Thanks for making me feel much better. But 2 or 100 the challenge for me now is to wonder how many more can I keep throwing in my collection. It's growing a bit too fast now. 50 is a good number but double that or triple. Hmmmm what to do. With so many good items coming out I sure won't stop and skip the DC line. Just the DC characters there will be many to come. I'm complaining now and didn't even start the DC line yet. Oh well if I have to I will keep some boxed up for the time until I find more space or sell a few off to make space later on.

Wow just by the amount of statues someone owns I can figure out how much you all spent. I see everyone is a very serious collector. Just by the number of statues I have an idea of the crazy $$$ someone has spent. Thanks for making me feel much better. But 2 or 100 the challenge for me now is to wonder how many more can I keep throwing in my collection. It's growing a bit too fast now. 50 is a good number but double that or triple. Hmmmm what to do. With so many good items coming out I sure won't stop and skip the DC line. Just the DC characters there will be many to come. I'm complaining now and didn't even start the DC line yet. Oh well if I have to I will keep some boxed up for the time until I find more space or sell a few off to make space later on.

it took years for me to acquire what I have so far, not overnight success that I have seen other collectors new to the hobby do, ones tastes change over time and we all have low and high times, all I can pass on is Collect what you want and enjoy and make you feel good when you display it and not what somhone else wants you to get do your research if there is any.
From your comments sounds like your one your way, Good Luck CBG :goodpost:

Back