How many prefer OT characters over PT characters?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I look at it is this is SW and it's one hell of a great big story. It has some ups and downs but overall is a pretty fun ride.

I'm gonna quote myself here. I like SW and don't get into the whole OT vs PT bull****.

I love both trilogies but I prefer PT characters because my favourite OT characters are expanded in the PT.

Empire Strikes Back.
Revenge of the Sith.
Return of the Jedi.
Attack of the Clones.
A New Hope.
The Phantom Menace.

Just a couple questions to the Star wars fanatics...I didnt understand very well: In ROTS, did Mace Windu really had Palpatine beaten or Palpatine was just faking to see if Anakin would turn to his side ????

Palpatine was faking to turn Anakin to the Dark Side, in other words he fooled Mace. Although Mace was winning right before Anakin came into Palpy´s office, the Sith lord was far from being defeated.

Also, did the force lightning of Palpatine turned back on him by Mace Windu disfigured him or was it his original true form ???

Not exactly. On the one hand, Palpatine´s body absorbed so many Dark Side energy that as a result of it he was disfigured. The lightning itself didn´t deform Palpy, but it acted as a catalytic. On the other, that was making Palpy stronger.

And finally, if Mace had the upper hand so easily on Palpatine, how comes Yoda gets the **** kick out of him at the end by Palpatine ???? Mace is stronger than Yoda???

No, Lucas himself said Yoda and Palpatine are the storngest in a Premier Magazine interview.

No, Lucas himself said Yoda and Palpatine are the storngest in a Premier Magazine interview.

I really really really really hate myself for knowing this but mace was the best swordman of the jedi. he used vaapad, which is a lightsaber technique that requires the jedi to draw on the dark side of the force to strenghten their fighting technique. so it's possible that mace did actually defeated palpatine in a lightsaber duel (but it's all up to how you feel about it really)

Yeah I originally started buying all the Star Wars Sideshow figures but have decided to sell the prequel figures and just keep the classic OT's from here on in.

I really really really really hate myself for knowing this but mace was the best swordman of the jedi. he used vapaad, which is a lightsaber technique that requires the jedi to draw on the dark side of the force to strenghten their fighting technique. so it's possible that mace did actually defeated palpatine in a lightsaber duel (but it's all up to how you feel about it really)

Vapaad doesn´t exist in the films. When Nick Gillard was asked about it in a chat back in 2005 he said he didn´t know what Vapaad is. Officially Anakin, Yoda, Palpatine and Mace are the best lightsaber duelist, they are equals wielding a lightsaber, but Yoda and Palpatine are the best overall.

Last edited:
I prefer OT characters over PT characters because I prefer the OT movies. I don't hate the prequels, though, and they do have some cool looking characters. Mostly Maul, the clones, and some of the Jedi.

PT figures by far! The PT characters feel more fresh to me. Hasbro covered the OT fairly well... with mixed results. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

For the most part, I feel Sideshow has covered the PT characters that I would want. Sure, I want a Padme and a couple random Jedi (Aayala & Coleman Trebor), but that would be it. I say bring on the Original Trilogy Characters!

I think we have all the PT jedi needed. I mean does anyone really want any more of them:monkey3

I think we have all the PT jedi needed. I mean does anyone really want any more of them:monkey3

After we get Saese Tiin, PT Yoda, Luminara, Agen Kolar, and especially KI ADI MUNDI (my favorite PT Jedi)... then I will be done. :D

After we get Saese Tiin, PT Yoda, Luminara, Agen Kolar, and especially KI ADI MUNDI (my favorite PT Jedi)... then I will be done. :D

Ok fine we can have those but then we must stop.

Your ruining my fun, that comment was for a certain person

Back