how many people are still into the joes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sadly..with the "unofficial" news about SSC dropping the ball and not doing any more joes(for the time being apparently)....i guess it's up to a few of us to offer up some stuff to make our own..that being said..im working on some new suits...to help push people in the right direction..scarlett, eels, torpedo, destro and a few others down the road..check out my suit thread to see the pics...
I am already deviating from my philosophy of making lesser known Joes and starting to make more main line characters. Roadblock, Tunnel Rat and Shipwreck are in the works, as well as Mindbender and A different take on Crystal Ball. I'm not letting SSC slow me down.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

How about this one? $17.99

https://www.monkeydepot.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DML0418
aa70d36e735f9beb91a6b7467608fecf_zpsa136449e.jpg

yeah, that's the one i was considering. seems to fit nicely with the joe aestetic.

next step is uniform.... might be easier than i thought to bash a shipwreck. need a navy blue tactical sweater, and watchcap, as well as the white hat, and blue short sleeve shirt.

I am already deviating from my philosophy of making lesser known Joes and starting to make more main line characters. Roadblock, Tunnel Rat and Shipwreck are in the works, as well as Mindbender and A different take on Crystal Ball. I'm not letting SSC slow me down.
:goodpost:

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

Keep calm
and
customize/kitbash on!

This is what I'm talking about!:clap I was making my own 1/6 Joes before SSC and I will continue to after SSC. I think the line had a great run (compared to others in the past) they produced several main characters and gave us some great material to bash with so I hold no ill will toward them. Actually I thank them for the ones they did make, would I have made some different design choices, sure. Did they make every figure I wanted, nope; but it's not my company.

So lets move forward from here and make the Joes we want the way we want.

Last edited:
:goodpost:

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

Keep calm
and
customize/kitbash on!

This is what I'm talking about!:clap I was making my own 1/6 Joes before SSC and I will continue to after SSC. I think the line had a great run (compared to others in the past) they produced several main characters and gave us some great material to bash with so I hold no ill feelings toward them. Actually I thank them for the ones they did make, would I have made some different design choices, sure. Did they make every figure I wanted, nope; but it's not my company.

So lets move forward from here and make the Joes we want the way we want.

I know I'm new here but I have seen great talents and enjoyed all your works here. SSC have its days and I was hoping that they would continue on but reality is that the line is dead. With so many skills here I don't see why we could not continue to create or make more Joes. It would be exciting to see people doing great stuff. I myself is trying to see if I can create my favourite characters....only time can tell. So forget about SSC and lets get crackin'

I'm making the IDW version, or Venom vs Valor version with a watch cap. I know I'm not a purist, but no worries.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

i'm Debating Just sculpting his white hat, OR buying a fabric one. not certian which is gonna be easier.

It's a PAIN to find one so far. same deal with his shirt.

planning to do the IDW veriant too... just need the extra uniform.

Alternative idea. The Reissue of the 60's joes that hasbro made.... that might be a good place to get a plastic hat. possibly the shirt too.

Opinions? cloth hat V a sculpted one?

Last edited:
I think cloth will be better, UNLESS you know a sculptor who does great hats. I've seen Rahmier do a couple sculpted hats on his custom thread that were just incredible.

Talking with a tailor now about just custom fabricating the clothing. planning to go cloth. if i go with that head up there, then he's better off with cloth ones TBH i think. I'm starting to get into this idea ALOT... now what about his belt....

omg..what tailor are you talking too? :dunno

unless it's someone else that i don't know about?
and really...when you are talking cloths...most of everyone on here knows that it's like 99% me....sigh...lol

he's such a newbie to these parts..we'll let it slide this once...

nah, just hadsomeone chew me out once when i asked about getting some work done, then SAID i was talking to them in another post. I tend to lurk here a great deal... everywhere on the boards actualy, but I digress.

Long and short, you hadn'd said i could say i was talking to ya, so i wasn't gonna use your name :D

Back