How many of you will really keep your Biker Scout order ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Sideshow doesn't plan on selling anything cooler than this between now and the 3rd quarter 2008. No cool announcements either at SDCC. Why? Because this will get cancelled by a lot of people.

This thing should have been sold out by now.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I hope Sideshow doesn't plan on selling anything cooler than this between now and the 3rd quarter 2008. No cool announcements either at SDCC. Why? Because this will get cancelled by a lot of people.

This thing should have been sold out by now.

Oh, something tells me there are a couple of surprises up some sleeves for SDCC. :monkey5

What is the idea of no ES number on a PPO? Surely they should have set the number.

I went against my better judgement and preordered this. But if this piece is any higher than 500, it's getting cancelled..regardless of how cool it is or that it's Star Wars. For the price it's commanding, it deserves an ultra-limited edition size (the lower the better.)

choopie said:
I went against my better judgement and preordered this. But if this piece is any higher than 500, it's getting cancelled..regardless of how cool it is or that it's Star Wars. For the price it's commanding, it deserves an ultra-limited edition size (the lower the better.)
My thoughts exactly, and yet the piece is up for order with an ES of "TBD". It should have been set prior to ordering, and it should have been set very low.

SideshowDusty said:
Everyone will also want to keep in mind our generous return policy on a piece as intricate as this :monkey3

For some reason, this brought to mind the image of Dusty shaking and drop kicking all of the boxes being sent out to retailers.

:maul

Mine will more then likely get moved to a retailer, due to the extra $60 saving in tax alone.

This could very well be my Grail peice so far. I'm about 85% and climing that I'll be keep this.:chew

Not to get into the collector vs. investor debate again...but HOW is the piece so much uncooler if there are 1000 of them instead of 500?

Dusty had a better idea - if you use the affiliate link and then cancel - a puppy will get drowned in ice cream.

Darklord Dave said:
Not to get into the collector vs. investor debate again...but HOW is the piece so much uncooler if there are 1000 of them instead of 500?

That debate is unavoidable. The piece will be just as cool, but at an ES of 500 you can order from SS and not feel you are going to get screwed if you ever want to sell it. At 1000 you are losing money before it hits your doorstep.

customizerwannabe said:
That debate is unavoidable. The piece will be just as cool, but at an ES of 500 you can order from SS and not feel you are going to get screwed if you ever want to sell it. At 1000 you are losing money before it hits your doorstep.

And as we all know, the most important thing about a collectible is how much we can sell it for later :rolleyes:

Darklord Dave said:

Dusty had a better idea - if you use the affiliate link and then cancel - a puppy will get drowned in ice cream.

Because an ES based on orders over a specific time can lead to a very big run which in turn will lead to many cancellations with people looking to get them cheaper on ebay. Thus someone who sticks with SS will get a piece and within 2 months have 20% of its value knocked off. While 20% of a price drop on a $60 action figure is nothing to worry about 20% on $800 is nothing to laugh about. Add VAT and shipping on this and you could end up with a white elephant.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I hope Sideshow doesn't plan on selling anything cooler than this between now and the 3rd quarter 2008. No cool announcements either at SDCC.

From the Star Wars Q & A:

Paul H. asks: Although the Jabba figure and his environment are a very welcome addition to anyone's collection, how often do you plan on releasing such large pieces (this is my wallet asking, not me)?

SSC: Tell your wallet not to worry (too much). We're sensitive to your wallet, but even more so to your display space. We would love to have a signature, centerpiece kind of item each year. Last year, it was Jabba in the 12-inch line. This year, it's going to be something speedy in the Premium Format line (the Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper Premium Format figure - announced at Celebration IV). 2008 may be a bit different, as rather than one big expensive item or set, army builders may get their day in the sun.

Sounds like this is the big item for 2007. I don't anticipate something on this level for SDCC, like a 12" scale Rancor or Throne Room environment.

In fact, it sounds like with 2008 being "a bit different," we might not get another huge centerpiece item announcement until sometime in 2009.

mfoga said:
Mine will more then likely get moved to a retailer, due to the extra $60 saving in tax alone.
Make that I will cancel Sorry I cant pass up a $160 difference. If it was not for CA tax I might not as fast but considering the $100 discount and then no tax I kinda have too.

Sorry Dusty don't hate me, thats like a weeks worth of gasoline:lol

Well, it's a beautiful piece that's for sure, well done SSC, but for $800? I'm not so sure this wasn't overpriced... we've seen this before, the aftermarket will tell us in a few years what it's worth... :monkey1

Last edited:
Darth Loki said:
And as we all know, the most important thing about a collectible is how much we can sell it for later :rolleyes:

Don't care if I make money, just don't want to lose it. But I guess that's too complicated for you to understand.:rolleyes:

Back