How Many Iron Man 3 Armors Will Hot Toys Produce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I look at Hot Rod I see a WM Mark 2 repaint but I’m not good at spotting the differences

I would bet that this will be something Hot Toys makes next year

Mark 22 Hot Rod is the exact same as War Machine Mark II minus the shoulder laser. I would be very surprised if we didn't see this one before long!

I wonder whether it'll be plastic or discast.

Some people may think that because they made the WM2 in die cast they can easily make it in plastic.

That's not the case because the injection molding processes are very different and I'm sure the painting process is very different as well.

Plus many have said that plastic joints could not hold up with the new increased articulation that WM has

To make it in plastic they would probably have to start from scratch so just repainting the die cast version is cheaper for them in the long run.

The cost is in the R&D, the profit is in selling as many as you can from that R&D.

Hot Rod did have some screen time, at least

DB31loR.png

qEpkGU7.png

Jjgc48L.png

kIaTR4V.png

1QblscL.png

That hot rod armor is all kinds of ugly
I don't care for Hot Rod at all, but I'd be surprised if we don't see one go on pre-order this year. At least some sort of convention exclusive. Guess like Boba is saying, it would be a good way for HT to get a bit more out of developing War Machine Mark II.

Last edited:
I don't care of Hot Rod at all, but I'd be surprised if we don't see one go on pre-order this year. At lease some sort of convention exclusive. Guess like Boba is saying, it would be a good way for HT to get a bit more out of developing War Machine Mark II.

Only problem with ex's on the WM 2.0 is that maybe the mold for running him is more diecast specific... and a diecast exclusive (especially Hot Rod) is very un appealing

Hmm, yeah, diecast in a really small run like that might be prohibitively expensive.

Edit: Unless... wonder if they couldn't crank out a few thousand bodies from their WM MK II and IP run, leave them unpainted until the time comes to do Hot Rod. I dunno... it's hard for me to imagine them not milking it for another release if it's just a matter of the paint. Plus, Iron Man.

Lol, I'd love to see a few of them bite off more than they can chew and get stuck with a ton of unsold inventory. :D

Hmm, yeah, diecast in a really small run like that might be prohibitively expensive.

Edit: Unless... wonder if they couldn't crank out a few thousand bodies from their WM MK II and IP run, leave them unpainted until the time comes to do Hot Rod. I dunno... it's hard for me to imagine them not milking it for another release if it's just a matter of the paint. Plus, Iron Man.

^^^

Chances are good they'd go for the one big order on the molds, simply excluding the cannon.

I'm only collecting HT's half a year and ugh I'm already sick of seeing all these IM suits!

Back