How many comic series do you currently follow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
How many comic series do you currently follow? That's the question. Answers will be appreciated because......I am starting to collect and - Marvel is freakin' awesome btw - I frequently go a little too overboard on things as you might have guessed being that I am in a "freaks" forum. hehe So that's my question, so I can get a feel of "the average".

The reason I thought I might be going overboard is, I was going to collect 4 series, and I think that is a "healthy" number but I just finished reading my first issue of "The New Avengers" and Wolverine is just so cool in it I am really tempted to collect his comic and make it 5 series.

Avengers really does teach you about the Marvel Universe. Thanks for the advice fellas. It's a great read too.

Last edited:
The ones I sub to:

Invincible Iron Man
Iron Man 2.0
Mighty Thor
Captain America
Batman
Batman: The Dark Knight
Gears Of War
GI Joe

Hulk, Thor, and Uncanny X-Force. X-Force cause I like to see Wolverine gets beaten again n again - well, they all get beaten to some point but its my way of staying in touch with the X-Men without buying the rest.

lol, hilarious. Why don't you like him?

He's over-rated for a small fella. He got no real mental resistence and he's almost useless without adamantium claw n skeleton. Can't believe he used to go around fighting with a bone claw. Just about any metal can break bone claw. Sure he got healing factor but I think they suped his healing a bit. I guess he evolved or his healing power maxed since the old days and so did the Hulk, but I doubt Wolvie will survive against extreme heat, like lava for long.

I used to read a few of his issue - where he fought a masked ninja who took possession of kitty pride? Soo long ago.

Thunderbolts (That's my shiznit right there), Green Lantern, Flash (Both of which will be relaunching themselves, thanks alot DC!), FF, Punisher MAX, Venom, Avengers (Secret, New, Main), Uncanny X-Force.

Invincible iron man
X-men (various)
Ultimate comic spider-man
Marvel cosmic (various)

I was very into Iron Fist, Nova and Guardians of the galaxy until Marvel cancelled them and started releasing 250.000 different wolverine books and now a ton of Thor books

Invincible iron man
X-men (various)
Ultimate comic spider-man
Marvel cosmic (various)

I was very into Iron Fist, Nova and Guardians of the galaxy until Marvel cancelled them and started releasing 250.000 different wolverine books and now a ton of Thor books

Thor For Asgard is such a waste. Interesting graphic hooked me in but the story is so disappointing. I was doubtful since then. Glad I didn't get into Fear Itself crap.

For Marvel, just Captain America and when Brubaker decides to leave, I'll probably drop it.

On the DC side, Batman, Detective, Action, Superman, Batman Inc., Green Lantern, GL Corps, JSA and JLA. But come September 1, who knows. Maybe none. Maybe I'm out of comics altogether.

None, unfortunately. I stopped collecting over a decade ago. There aren't any comic shops anywhere near me. I'll occasionally go to Borders or browse Amazon.com and buy a few collected volumes. I've become a fan of hardcover editions.

I get about 30+ books thru mailordercomics.com each month. Great site, been very happy with their service...don't miss my LCS at all.

^
I'll have to look into that. Although, I'd have no idea what to get into now.

at the moment:

Thor, Captain America,iron man, JLA, (hardcovers, but started getting single issues of CA & Thor) GL, GLC, GL EW, Wonder Woman (TPB)

looking at a Xmen to read too, dont know where to start:dunno

Batman & Robin
Batgirl
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors
Hulk
Thor
Iron Man
The Avengers
American Vampire
Amazing Spider-Man
Venom
FF
The Flash

Right now I'm getting overwhelmed with Fear Itself and it's tie-ins and Flashpoint and their tie-ins.

When DC goes to the new 52 I'm not sure how that will change those subs.

Back