How many comic series do you currently follow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i stopped collecting comics a loooong time ago, for the reason that there really isn't a small or healthy number of series to sub to

i'm sure the discussion has been had a million times over, but i just got sick of the events and tie-ins

get out while you still can i say!!!!! lol

nah, to each their own, but if you have an addictive personality then it's gonna be costly

i wish they'd do single stories, like early comics, I love collecting early issues, nearly got the first 20 issues of amazing spiderman

issue 1 is my grail and i'm soooo happy i got it!

i'll have to post some pics some time, thems REAL comics!! :lol

Trades and Hardcovers: Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Secret Avengers, Fables, The Dark Tower

Singles: Venom, Fear Itself.

As long as Fraction and Brubaker write Iron Man and Captain America, I'll be buying their books. When they call it quits, so will I.

i'm sure the discussion has been had a million times over, but i just got sick of the events and tie-ins

Events are hit or miss. And you do really need to get all the tie-ins to enjoy it all. When I read World War Hulk coming off Planet Hulk, it was pretty disappointing. Getting all the WWH trades and reading the entire event made it a lot more enjoyable. Going back and grabbing Civil War, I held off reading the main story until I had all the big Civil War hardcovers (Avengers, X-men, FF, Spiderman, Underground, Frontline) and read all the books simultaneously and in sequence. That was an experience.

Events are hit or miss. And you do really need to get all the tie-ins to enjoy it all. When I read World War Hulk coming off Planet Hulk, it was pretty disappointing. Getting all the WWH trades and reading the entire event made it a lot more enjoyable. Going back and grabbing Civil War, I held off reading the main story until I had all the big Civil War hardcovers (Avengers, X-men, FF, Spiderman, Underground, Frontline) and read all the books simultaneously and in sequence. That was an experience.

i'd thought about doing that, but it's just been so long that i havent read comics that i don't think i'd want to get back into it all again, i imagine a lot has changed in 18 months

well, actually, probably not, that's the thing, they have these big events with their 'ramifications!!' and nothing really changes too much

it's going back a bit now, but i love the Ultimates, there's an example of a hardcover that i can read again and again because it isn't really woven into anything else, it can be enjoyed on it's own

thats why i liked the All Star DC books, they may not have been single issues, but they were stand alone

but now i have the Marvel Movies as my new source of comic book entertainment, it's watching a comic on screen, with a whole new take on the contunuity

me likey!!

X-Factor is absolutely the best x-book out there now....Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, X-Men, those are great ones. If you like story over dramatic art, The Unwritten is great. Reading Invincible Iron Man but it's off track right now with that stoopid fear itself storyline...

at the moment:

Thor, Captain America,iron man, JLA, (hardcovers, but started getting single issues of CA & Thor) GL, GLC, GL EW, Wonder Woman (TPB)

looking at a Xmen to read too, dont know where to start:dunno

I probably follow too many.:slap

Subscriptions:

Thor
Captain America
Invincible Iron man
Avengers
New Avengers
Secret Avengers
Uncanny X-Force
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men Legacy

Retail:

Amazing Spider-Man
Thunderbolts
Daken Dark Wolverine
Wolverine
Journey Into Mystery
Venom
Heroes For Hire

I bought and am going to collect Uncanny X-men, Amazing Spider-man, Spawn, Wolverine, The New Avengers, a Detective Comics: Batman. The new The New Avengers and Wolverine recent comics I bought are really good. I'm not a fan of the Fantastic Four and I hope Spider-man leaves them.

Are books cheaper if you subscribe to them? Don't they get crushed in the mail?

none XD . Used to follow like 10 titles, but got bored, so I dropped out of reading comics. I ordered mostly at comicsinfinity.com

uncanny x-force. I really liked the last team with warpath, and I've been liking what they've done with the new team so far.

Back