How many car guys also collect?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owning a General Lee doesn't make you redneck. It's a tv memorabilia car. Now if l drove around with the horn yelling "yee ha" and acting like the Duke boys then yeah that would be redneck, of course l didn't do that. It needed lots of work and didn't run that well so really didn't drive it. It was a car that needed a full restoration.

Unless it was a prop car, having a Charger painted like the General Lee makes you a redneck. Hell, it even sounds like a Foxworthy joke:

"If you on a Charger, and it's painted up like the General Lee...."

By the way Nam, l always ment to ask you, who is the guy in your bottom sig pic because he looks mighty redneck to me, is that you or some random redneck looking guy. So maybe you shouldn't even be weighing in on this redneck discussion since you have a pic of one in your sig. And you're calling me a redeck.:lol[/QUOTE]

Pro wrestler and G.I. Joe icon. Far from a redneck. Nice attempt at deflection though. :wink1:

Unless it was a prop car, having a Charger painted like the General Lee makes you a redneck. Hell, it even sounds like a Foxworthy joke:

"If you on a Charger, and it's painted up like the General Lee....

Pro wrestler and G.I. Joe icon. Far from a redneck. Nice attempt at deflection though. :wink1:

Well the guy in your pic looks like a hillbilly redneck (so thinking like you that means he must be). And for the record Nam if you are listening to Foxworthy jokes then you must be a redneck. so if you think l am a redneck then you are redneck right next to me:lol:wave

"If you on a Charger, and it's painted up like the General Lee...."

By the way Nam, l always ment to ask you, who is the guy in your bottom sig pic because he looks mighty redneck to me, is that you or some random redneck looking guy. So maybe you shouldn't even be weighing in on this redneck discussion since you have a pic of one in your sig. And you're calling me a redeck.:lol

LOL...But actually, there is another Foxworthy redneck one-liner in you post...

"If you can name evrey pro wrestler from the last 30 years..."

Back to the car stuff, we got people in this thread now who know Jack about cars.

tow_mater-1680x1050.jpg

Say it ain't so! Now we have car snobs on the board as well?:)

No one is acting like a car snob. Cars are cool no matter what the make and model it is. Some people like to go fast and some don't. I personally like speed. It's fun and I like cars that handle well. For the money I would buy either a mustang 5.0 or the Hyundai genesis coupe. Nothing snobby about those cars but they are fun to drive. Nothing wrong with wanting a mature discussion about something other than toys. :)

No one is acting like a car snob. Cars are cool no matter what the make and model it is. Some people like to go fast and some don't. I personally like speed. It's fun and I like cars that handle well. For the money I would buy either a mustang 5.0 or the Hyundai genesis coupe. Nothing snobby about those cars but they are fun to drive. Nothing wrong with wanting a mature discussion about something other than toys. :)

Totally agree :lecture

but not the part about the gen coupe (at least the 2.0T) that things a pig!! it needs serious mods to get it to a point i think you would be happy with :D

but then again even Hyundai said no one is gonna get excited over a 200HP car, thats why they built it to be so Mod friendly.

It was a joke. And my point was that a little levity is hardly something for anyone to get upset about.

Totally agree :lecture

but not the part about the gen coupe (at least the 2.0T) that things a pig!! it needs serious mods to get it to a point i think you would be happy with :D

but then again even Hyundai said no one is gonna get excited over a 200HP car, thats why they built it to be so Mod friendly.

The genesis coupe has over 300 hp but mods are awesome. I use to own a g35 and the new coupe reminds me of that car. Lots of fun at a relatively affordable price and mod friendly. :)

thats why i said "at least the 2.0T"

the 2.0T is only 210 HP......the 3.8 liter V6 is 306 HP

the 2013 model will apparently have 350 HP from the 3.8 liter V6

Evo.

Subaru's are lesbian cars.

Thanks for the keen insight. Well this girl doesn't drive a Subaru! Looks like I may be the first lady posting in here, though the thread title doesn't exactly sound inviting.

93' Montego Blue RX7. Factory matched new paint, interior upgrades including custom positioned gauge pods, brushed aluminum overlays, re-leathered seats (done by yours truly). Upgraded to a street ported Pettit Racing engine and all the bells and whistles. Way too much to list on the performance end, but there's a good chance I could smoke y'all. Been a 10 year labor of love. :rotfl

Chicks like cars too. :)

206343_1019139448562_1527431270_30048603_5009_n.jpg

200723_1019139408561_1527431270_30048602_4663_n.jpg

205235_1019139488563_1527431270_30048604_5363_n.jpg

205427_1019139328559_1527431270_30048600_3991_n.jpg

this was my '01 GMC Sierra....'Vette Electron Blue
built and blown 6.0
built tranny and rear
denali front end
22" Intros wrapped with Nittos and Baer Brakes
50" HiTech LED
500+ HP/490 trq
it was a 12 second truck....spanked every little ricer, most vettes and even a few EVOs/STis
GD029.jpg

GD039.jpg

GD032.jpg

GD031.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

Back