How many car guys also collect?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more of a classic muscle nut, so the only real choice for me was the 2010 Dodge Challenger. I've had it for a little over a year and absolutely love driving it. All the visual punch of the original but without the breaking down and hunting for parts.

(My best pic from this past June, cruising the Tail of the Dragon)

Challenger%20wallpaper.jpg

That's a nice dodge man. I love muscle cars too but my tastes are too vintage. My absolute dream car is a mustang Shelby gt 500.

Here are my real toys :D

The Evo is Fun, but the Shelby makes it feel very run of the mill, The shelby is just pure Animal!

TurboCharged

Evo1.jpg

Evo2.jpg

Evo3.jpg

SuperCharged

Shelbysun.jpg

Shelby3.jpg

Shelby2-1.jpg

shelby4.jpg

Last edited:
Man those shelby gt 500 are so nice to look at. Great car but it's a tough car to get around the track from what I hear. That color combo is perfect. Never cared for the way those evos look but they sure do drive nice. Two great sports cars in one garage...that sounds nice :)

The EVO takes a turn likes its on rails, the AWD and IRS are unbelievable!!

but.....the Shelby is also very good on the Track and not as bad on turns as one would think, especially if you have it setup with the SVT pkg like mine (much more refined since even the 2010 model and the 2011\12 weighs 102 pounds less), besides, with the supercharged V8 you catch it easily on the straights, Straight line speed is KRAZY Fast, and the Roar and whine together is just something you have to hear for yourself.

i actually was thinking about getting the Boss 302 but when i test drove it, it felt way to much like the new 5.0 GT and there was a 10,000 mark up on it....so for the same money i bought the Cobra cause it was a dream of mine to own Elanor and since they brought it back in 2007 i knew i would once again have a shot at owning one...looks better and has a 100 horses more.

Last edited:
The EVO takes a turn likes its on rails, the AWD and IRS are unbelievable!!

but.....the Shelby is also very good on the Track and not as bad on turns as one would think, especially if you have it setup with the SVT pkg like mine (much more refined since even the 2010 model and the 2011\12 weighs 102 pounds less), besides, with the supercharged V8 you catch it easily on the straights, Straight line speed is KRAZY Fast, and the Roar and whine together is just something you have to hear for yourself.

i actually was thinking about getting the Boss 302 but when i test drove it, it felt way to much like the new 5.0 GT and there was a 10,000 mark up on it....so for the same money i bought the Cobra cause it was a dream of mine to own Elanor and since they brought it back in 2007 i knew i would once again have a shot at owning one...looks better and has a 100 horses more.

For the same price, I agree with you. The Boss 302 is a great car though. That new 5.0 engine is sweet. However, it's also more of a track tool. I also love Eleanor as well, it's just sweet looking. I am going to join the Porsche club next year cause they get track time at Road Atlanta.

Here some bad pics of mine. The 1970 Dodge Charger and the 1970 El Camino l sold about a year and a half ago. The car l have now is the 1967 Coronet.

Exhibit A:

Owning a General Lee doesn't make you redneck. It's a tv memorabilia car. Now if l drove around with the horn yelling "yee ha" and acting like the Duke boys then yeah that would be redneck, of course l didn't do that. It needed lots of work and didn't run that well so really didn't drive it. It was a car that needed a full restoration.

By the way Nam, l always ment to ask you, who is the guy in your bottom sig pic because he looks mighty redneck to me, is that you or some random redneck looking guy. So maybe you shouldn't even be weighing in on this redneck discussion since you have a pic of one in your sig. And you're calling me a redeck.:lol

Last edited:
Back