How it's made: 1/6 Death Star hallway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One and one sometimes make two :slap

Jazz - I didn't realise this project was by the same person that did THE BEST 1/6 Vader I've ever seen in my life!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd read this when you first started but for some reason didn't come back to it until today. OMG!!!!! Amazing work!!!!!!!!!

Those shots of your customised Vader in your diorama are the most mind-blowing 1/6 combination I've ever seen!

I think I didn't keep up with it because I knew I would never be able to build one myself, but now seeing you're selling them is very, very tempting. You said internationally shipping was available - have you sent and to Australia?

dear Mandible,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, I've shipped two of these to Australia already. Just let me know if you want one through PM or my gmail account 'joostassink'

All the best
-Joost

One and one sometimes make two :slap

Jazz - I didn't realise this project was by the same person that did THE BEST 1/6 Vader I've ever seen in my life!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd read this when you first started but for some reason didn't come back to it until today. OMG!!!!! Amazing work!!!!!!!!!

Those shots of your customised Vader in your diorama are the most mind-blowing 1/6 combination I've ever seen!

I think I didn't keep up with it because I knew I would never be able to build one myself, but now seeing you're selling them is very, very tempting. You said internationally shipping was available - have you sent any to Australia?

That's so funny you say that because I just put two and two together as well--but this time with the fantastic HT Han mod:

Ok, this one, I'm proud of. My Han head repaint turned out better than expected. The Clipperking was right when he said the sculpt was 'soft'. But after many hours with needles, brush, pencil, paint and varnish, I think it's quite good! What do you think?
View attachment 238761
View attachment 238762
View attachment 238763

AND he did that amazing Vader too!

Wow, Jazz, you are out of control! Brilliant work, my friend. Brilliant. I only wish I could afford your hallway, if only to support such great work.

Ahh thanks guys! You really put a smile on my face today.
3acfcb4631d581718764b019f7bd7893.jpg

Enough can't be said about the quality work and precision that was put into this Death Star Hallway and everything else Jazz embarks upon. I still get terrified at the idea of customizing the R2-D2 as he had. I had no idea he did the custom Han as well. I'm just blown away, really.

But to anyone considering this diorama, let me state that this thing is absolutely beautiful. I have just finished customizing a shelf in our home to frame this creation and I just wanted to communicate that if it wasn't for this diorama, I probably would have never purchased a Darth Vader. I just didn't have any spare space for any more figures. I don't have a detolf or anyplace to put figures, our home is small, but we are building a second story this year...so maybe.

Anyway, when this diorama arrived and my wife and I spent a couple days setting it up, she would not let me put it in the man cave under the house. She wanted me to have it inside the house to enjoy it. It's an incredible showcase for your figures and I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to have purchased one.

Thanks, Jazz.

Last edited:
Wow Solo_bones. That post made my YEAR! Glad to know your wife is so supportive

A very long hallway. Still playing around with the display. Putting this into a cabinet forced me to use a mirror. The mirror worked out as it makes the Hall appear longer. If I pose the Strormtrooper at attention then it will look like two are at attention.

Sorry for this sort of narcissistic message, but I got this email from an Austrian client (so read this with an Arnold Schwarzenegger accent in mind ;-)

I asked permission to share his email and picture. It made my day!!!!

"Dear Joost,
i have finished the building process since 3 days for now and looking at it 50 times a day.
Your YouTube tutorial and the manual are very good, I did make some small mistakes myself in building the deathstar…. but i have done the job.
1st and only important thing to write in this email:
your product ist unbeleavable AMAZING! holy sh……. peeeep, peeeeep, peeeeep….. i saw your video and hope it will be great, but this is unexpected AMAZING!!!!.
1. location look an feel, architecture, size, lenght of the floor, how the panels are sorted… AMAZING
2. Details on the aluminum walls and processing…. holy sh…… AMAZING!!!!!
3. Airbrush f…. freaking AMAZING!!!!!
YOU are AMAZING and thank you so much for this product! I am proud to have one!"

thumb_IMG_7319_1024.jpg

That really is awesome!

I believe this is one of the greatest 1/6 scale dioramas in the history of 1/6 scale dioramas. :)

Oh and that Vader smile is funny!

Well said! Yes, agreed. This was really quite a feat. I'm so stoked I bought this. It also kicked off an entire reorganization of our storage space and cabinet use in our home. Now some of my figures will get more prominant positioning for display.

Back