How is everybodies HT "Dog" alien doing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveL

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just wanted to see how well this figure is holding up on everyone.Is the paint still holding up and is it still in one piece, or is it showing signs of impending doom?

Mine is starting to show some paint wear on some of the raised area's from dusting it off with a soft brush and reapplying 303 aerospace protectant,but the rubber is still fine and it still looks pretty much like it did when it came out of the box.

I just wanted to see how well this figure is holding up on everyone.Is the paint still holding up and is it still in one piece, or is it showing signs of impending doom?

Mine is starting to show some paint wear on some of the raised area's from dusting it off with a soft brush and reapplying 303 aerospace protectant,but the rubber is still fine and it still looks pretty much like it did when it came out of the box.

l barely touch mine and it's holding up fine. lt still shines too.

The hand(wrist joint) of mine broke within the first wk... Could nt be bothered to send back... Its fine apart from that... Tho think i'm gonna stop collecting hot toys aliens as they seem to date quite quickly... Im all about the sideshow dioramas at the moment

Mine had loose feet joints out of the box and I accidently broke his left forearm when I first posed him (brittle thing). Paint and rubber have held up so far, which is good since the thick rubber holds the broken arm in place.

heh funny you should ask, I went to move him yesterday and his right leg and right arm just fell off and didn't hold the ball joints anymore...The weird thing is the little cup (female socket) that holds the ball joints isn't cracked or broken on either, so there goes that explanation. It's almost like the ball joints just...shrunk. I put a bit of super glue in there and moved it around till it dried, worked fine...for now.

everything else is fine including the paint.

I have not looked at mine in months, i have him still standing up, legs pretty much fully extended in one of my detolfs..probally take a look at it later on tonight.

Mines in the same condition now as when I almost crushed the thing under my foot in a severe rage while trying to put the leg on. Surprisingly fine apart from all the sheen rubbed off.

Mines are fine.( Have two puppies :D )

I repainted my Dog aliens in June with some kind of glossy ceramic varnish and look incredible glossy and realistic now!!...:naughty

Well, I used games workshop "soft "gloss varnish (ardcoat) in some areas (knees and elbows) and the rest of the body with this ultra gloss ceramic varnish

Any suggestions on the best and most safe gloss to use on this hoe?.

I have not looked at mine in months, i have him still standing up, legs pretty much fully extended in one of my detolfs..probally take a look at it later on tonight.

I used Tamiya gloss TS-13 (only brand in Aus I could find:confused:)
It worked well but certain areas were tacky for a little while:D
Probably because of the chemical base of the clear,try and find a water based if you can

Mine (the 2nd one after the first was broken) is doing well. Just cleaned it off the other day and seems to be holding up well.

Back