How has the upcoming Avengers film affected your collecting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like buying stuff from, or planning purchases around, movies I haven't seen. Avengers could be a steaming pile of mickey mouse crap for all we know.

I don't like buying stuff from, or planning purchases around, movies I haven't seen. Avengers could be a steaming pile of mickey mouse crap for all we know.

Avengers, unlike the string of failed summer films for which Hot Toys has made figures in recent years, has an appeal that transcends the film for many of us.

As long as the costumes look good, which we already know they do, then there is a significant appeal on the character alone. Even if the film was awful I would buy a new Black Widow and probably a second Thor.

I really wanted an Ironman mark VI, but I only recently started collecting so his price has already greatly increased. I'll just have to hope he gets either a slightly different paint application or some new weapons for Hot Toys to do another similar one. I really like the current Marvel movie figs, but their Avengers suits also look amazing... And I'm honestly hoping we can also somehow get battle damage of some sort for them.

i have cap on pre order thor and iron man mark iv with mark v on pre order but the minute they announce the first figure from this i shall buy each and everyone as i am very impressed by all the new costumes

im sooo excited to get cap and thor from this line plus hope we get a black widow with decent hair i werent impressed by her first figure, plus i do hope we get a nick fury and maybe some sort of s.h.i.e.l.d diorama?? what do you guys think a possibility or am i dreaming to much

Lol, well that was the worst hold out ever. I ended up preordering Captain America because I can't get over the sweet retro look. Then I ended up buying a Mark VI, Thor, and even a War Machine off the marketplace. Lol... I'll still get the Avengers for sure... May just keep these in different poses or something lol. Now I'm in the same boat as those wanting a Hulk right now!!!

I wish they released an Avengers Hulk photo!!

I also sprung for a Spiderman off eBay. I'm usually a big fan/collector of the current movies, as I never watched or read the old school costumes/versions. I've go zero interest in the old Superman figure lol. I'm still unsure of the new spidey suit...

Avengers, unlike the string of failed summer films for which Hot Toys has made figures in recent years, has an appeal that transcends the film for many of us.

As long as the costumes look good, which we already know they do, then there is a significant appeal on the character alone. Even if the film was awful I would buy a new Black Widow and probably a second Thor.

:exactly: Good post!

That's why I and many others purchased the Ghost Rider figure....it definitely wasn't because I was a fan of the movie!

Generally I just buy a hot toys figure if I love the movie, and if I like the figure they made. For the Avengers, yeah, it affected me a little because I find myself "completing" the team. Thing is I'm not sure if I'll get a hawkeye, hulk, or a nick fury if they ever get made...but I am thinking of getting captain america, and I have iron man, thor and black widow already. I guess boils down to how much money I have by next year :)

Back