How has the upcoming Avengers film affected your collecting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't feel it has affected me. I think HT is very hard to predict and I don't honestly believe we will see all the Avengers made in 2012 and maybe even 2013. I think we will see four figures next year and the rest sprinkled throughout the next two years. Releases like the Iron Monger show you could see a release three years after the movie came out. One thing I've learned is it is easier to buy now and sell later than to wait and look for it on the secondary market.

It Affected me because I only collected Horror stuff. Now im getting to collecting Marvel and Dc. As I always loved them but didnt think on collecting them now I need them all:exactly:

Well, at first I wanted to collect the solo movie releases of HT Cap and Thor, and I already had Iron Man Mk IV. I figured I'd grab a Hulk if they did one, and a Hawkeye and Black Widow down the road. Now that I've seen the concept art for the costumes I know I will need the new Cap and probably Thor too. I may get Avengers IM, but only if the new suit just blows me away with awesomeness. Bring on Hulk! So, in short, I'm broke for the next two years or so. Damn you Hot Toys! (shakes fist)

The upcoming Avengers movie make me stop one purchase and that is the HT IronMan 2 Black Widow figure.
The secondary market price for Black Widow is way too high now and I decided to wait for the Avengers version and hope the hair will be done better too.
I nearly gave up on War Machine but I realised that he will only be making a "cameo" in the Avemgers movie and paid secondary market price for him but well worth every cent, :yess:

Hasn't bothered my collection one iota, but of course that's because I don't care to much for the Avengers anyway.

HM .... foresee have to buy a lot of things ....

SSC and HT
IM MK VII
CA Avenger Version
and most importantly .... the incredible HULK !!!!

Not sure if they are going to remake Thor's custom but if they do ... count me in ....

I'm second guessing any purchases (Sucker Punch) now because I know HT will release a rockin' Black Widow.

I don't care about the rest. Maybe CA if it comes with a good Evans headsculpt, as well as Thor.

Future be damned!

Hasn't really altered my collecting habit. I'll just give my kids my Mark IV and Thor once I get the Avengers versions.

Just kidding.

I'm actually cutting way back on collecting in preparation for the Avengers onslaught, but I'll be purchasing a lot of other Avengers memorabilia as well, such as the Hasbro figures.

In fact, unless those HT Back to the Future rumors are true, I can't see myself buying another collectible until the first Hot Toys Avengers figure.

The Avengers info made me make a number of decisions:

1. I decided not to reacquire Black Widow since her price is ridiculous at the moment relative to the quality of the figure. Since it is Scarlett Johansson, I am quite confident HT will release an Avengers version. Her Avengers outfit looks much better and will almost certainly be a better figure in every way.

2. I decided to get the Iron Man Mark V and, however movie inaccurate, get an extra Tony Stark head for it (PM me if you have the Mark IV version with sunglasses :)). I just think the red and silver colour scheme is the most attractive, but I like my heroes unmasked if possible.

3. Upon seeing the Avengers version of Captain America, I decided his WWII look has the most fun.

Overall I much prefer the film/realism designs to the comic book versions, at least in doll form. I do like Bowen-style statues in their classic looks.

I guess I just don't have enough information yet. I probably need to limit myself to six HT figures next year and I'm betting they will mostly be Avengers. If the rumors are true and we get something from Blade Runner that is going to be a must. Also if anything else from Tron:Legacy comes out that will be something hard to pass up as well as HT's possible Star Wars offerings. I guess it all depends on what is coming out.
Avengers is going to hit hard in all sorts of ways, just not sure how big. In some ways The Avengers coming out is almost as big of a deal to me as back in the day when I was waiting for the The Phantom Menace.This movie is the dream of any dude that spent an afternoon in a comic store with friends speculating as to what it could be like while not believing it would or could ever happen. Since last month the anticipation for the Avengers has gone through the roof for me. There was too big unknowns about this movie prior to this summer that gave me pause about getting excited for it and now those are resolved. Chris Hemsworth is Thor and Chris Evans is Captain America. Both of them nailed it as far as I am concerned. The movie won't be Iron Man and Friends as some feared.

Well, the only way it has affected me is that I'm sure my 2012/2013 collecting budget will be primarily focused on an HT Avengers display but it hasn't stopped me from buying what I like or will it.

Back