How Everyone has fixed ther Broken PERS System for Joker...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is he stuck like this :*(
picture.php

LMAOOOOOO!!!
ok so now THIS Dx has problems too?
SO we have:
- a oil leaking bats
- cross eyed Joker.

I wonder what the Next DX will do? Catch on fire?

I REALLY love HT figures, but what good are they if the quality is so bad? For what you pay for, we deserve a lot better.

Why HT couldn't adapt a simple Enterbay-style system instead of trying to be all smartass about it...

LMAOOOOOO!!!
SO we have:
- a oil leaking bats
- cross eyed Joker.

I REALLY love HT figures, but what good are they if the quality is so bad? For what you pay for, we deserve a lot better.

Thank you! I've been saying this forever.

LMAOOOOOO!!!
SO we have:
- a oil leaking bats
- cross eyed Joker.

:goodpost::exactly:

I'm sure HT worshipers will take offense on this :) But it's the truth. PERS on my Joker DX isn't broken yet, but that's because I haven't played around with it for quite a while. It's really deplorable that they use very cheap materials for what is essentially the line's selling point. If HT isn't aware of this, then that means they have a really sloppy R&D and QC team. Even the most basic stress test can point out these flaws, especially when it's something as fragile as the PERS system.

I totally agree: for the amount we're paying for, we truly deserve much more.

My PERS broke too! Aaargh! Thought I'd fixed it by removing the eyes and gluing it all together. Then when I tried to put it all back in, the bloody central cup for the joystick broke in half. Really weak construction on this......

Mine too broke...good news is I was able to get a replacement on eBay and sold the broken one...It was even described as broken and still sold.

I remember that the very first time I took it out of the box the PERS system was "sticky" and didn't want to move at all...I considered returning it on ebay...but I got a pretty decent deal of a brand new sealed Joker DX and bank Robber Joker for $485, so I didn't want to return it...so I positioned the DX eyes in a way I found perfect, and have not touched it since in fear of breaking it...Also the back hair piece was really stiff and didn't come off initially without a struggle.
I know for a fact that if I try to reposition the eyes often I'll break the PERS. The system was really shoddily implemented. Has the PERS system gotten better in newer figures that utilize it?

step 1 - dont break it

I don't dont see how people are breaking these things. Same with the ht wrists. These aren't $15 Hasbro figures, you have to take some care in handling them.

Mine broke last night & i've had it since release and have moved the eyes about four times before.

I was careful, i held the head tight, held the stick tight and pushed it in to keep from it breaking off and only moved the eyes slightly at a time... And it didn't snap or crack or make any indication of breakage except the stick just became loose in the hole.

I can't fix it, but i can posisiton the eyes manually by moving the eyes from inside the head with my fingers.

This is why people hate PERS not because it breaks from excessive force its because it just loosens and stops turning the eyes, and not only that it leaves them in a un-natural position. :lecture

Mine broke recently but It looks fixable. Some extra strength super glue should do it. But I will say for the time being, the eyes move so much smoother not being connected

I guess it was bound to happen sometime though with probably 20+ times I moved the eyes :lol

Would it be that hard for HT's to make a replacement... oh wait, that wouldn't help sell the 2.0...

I haven't moved the eyes on mine since about a month after purchase... I want to repose him but I just can't do it... especially after Nova's admission.

So scared... :(

M.

If you want to move the eyes what I'd recommend is to unscrew the black panel the holds the joystick, get a pair of tweezers and move the eyes that way. They don't rotate very well with the joystick. They shift left to right and up and down good that's why this is very flawed in this figure, it's so tight that it doesn't rotate w/o putting lots of strain on the system.

Alright, one question:
Can I take the eyes out? If yes, how?
Just unscrew the backplate and push the eyes into the head?

I would like to repair my PERS, for that I have to get the eyeballs out.
But I can't find any instruction on youtube or so.

Nope!
They show what some ppl did, but I would like to know how I can get the eyeballs out and into the head.
It's that simple! :)

There are no real instructions how to repair the head.

Back