How do you rank the Terminator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Terminator

• Terminator

Votes: 214 39.5%
  • T2

Votes: 302 55.7%
  • T3

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • TS

Votes: 18 3.3%

• Total voters
That's great news, indeed. ^_^ Cameron is the franchises only hope at this point. :lecture

We can forget about him revisiting Terminator again...

"I'm in the 'Avatar' business. Period. That's it," ... "I'm making 'Avatar 2,' 'Avatar 3,' maybe 'Avatar 4,' and I'm not going to produce other people's movies for them."

It's a bit sad, but he need to do what he needs to do. >_< AVATAR is a hell of way to go out. :yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

I'm sick of all the revisiting, remakes, and homage's of 'classic' movies -- it all just proves that the decision makers in 'movie land' have run out of good ideas and lost their way.

I clicked t1 because it was pretty good and so was t2. t3 was umm not so great, when i heard that there making ts I thought it was going to look like t2 withe all dark and every thing is being crust and lots of skulls because shara said that 3 billions life where token i saw maybe 100

I don't see a T4 being made anytime soon... TS didn't end like the battle was over with Skynet.

Reposted from the "Rate/Review the Last Movie you Watched" thread:

Yeah pretty much anything you have a problem with I personally don't. Perhaps its the age I was when I saw it first - bout John Connors age - and I'm not even sure if I had already seen T1 by that point to compare it to. Even if I had its likely at that age I would have preferred T2 merely because of the better special effects and good guy Arnie. Now I appreciate T1 as the original and better paced film but I never lost my love of T2. I think they compliment each other nicely and Cameron was right to leave it at that.....or he could have done a future war 2029 film detailing the events leading up to the Terminators being sent back through time. T3, as it was done, was clearly pointless.

My main problem with T2 at this point is that it just doesn't have any ball.s It wanted to be a preachy summer popcorn movie and Cameron chose to contrive a lot of crap to make it so.

Why didn't the T800 kill any bikers in the bar? Because Cameron didn't want to create a "moral quandry" in having the good guy murder people. Who cares! He's a terminator! AND he "dies" at the end so any bad deeds committed beforehand wouldn't have gone unchecked. Any idiot in the audience already knew that a terminator terminates. If he was really that concerned about Arnold's lethality he should have had the bikers be a bunch of murderous thugs that were in the process of accosting someone when the T800 appeared. Then he could have still dispatched them "justifiably" if that's what Cameron was going for and it wouldn't have made people faint on a second viewing because *gasp* he turned out to be the "good" guy.

What if he blew the black guy's head off after John told him to grab the other guy's hair? Imagine the horror on John's face that would have haunted him the rest of the film and that would have actually driven organically his desire to see no one else killed. But no John is just some magical saint who is unphased by violence but doesn't tolerate it just the same.

Look at Peter Jackson's King Kong. Kong kills dozens of people, most of them innocent. But he was still a sympathetic figure in a PG-13 movie no less. What the hell was Cameron thinking? Make the Terminator into an after school special, complete with a "He-Man cartoon" ending where Linda Hamilton turns to the audience and reminds the kids what they learned that episode? Good grief.

Cameron is my favorite :rock

Cameron_blue_eyes4.jpg

Back