How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a set of the Han & Chewie from the original pre-order that I left sealed when I saw the prices soar. I was like wow finally a Hot Toys Set that has gone up in value after dozens and dozens that I bought that went Down in value!
Well........there goes that!

My waitlist for the 2 pack just converted. The email said it becomes a live order tomorrow. Does that mean these are ready to ship?

The only problem is I paid for pre-orders in full at popcultcha and they don't do refunds, just store credit if you cancel. I rather have the two pack for the extra accessories so I guess store credit is fine.

I did not see this coming at all.

My waitlist for the 2 pack just converted. The email said it becomes a live order tomorrow. Does that mean these are ready to ship?

The only problem is I paid for pre-orders in full at popcultcha and they don't do refunds, just store credit if you cancel. I rather have the two pack for the extra accessories so I guess store credit is fine.

I did not see this coming at all.

Their website says it will ship in June-July

Only the $48 deposit will charge

My waitlist came through as well - very happy

Wish I knew if hot toys planned to retail the falcon cockpit. I might pursue a second set of han and chewie if it was a go.

Alright, just came across this thread. Now it all makes sense :lol

I'm wondering if this is an allocation or a second run though. Popculcha already had these and now they're back up for pre-order so it's not like they're getting their load late, but on the other hand BBTS still shows them as sold out

If local retails are getting these again I'd cancel my conversions and just get another 2-pack through my buddy. I hope he can get me an answer tomorrow before it's too late to cancel

My two pack converted. I own the single Han & Chewie since I missed out on the two pack initially. Which to keep? 😕 should I try to sell the singles at cost ? Would anyone even buy them at this point? Or should I just cancel the two pack, I can't afford to keep both. Ahhh..... First world problems.

Woohoo!

Now that's 2 Chewies, both 2 packs. One more to go.

I have strong suspicion that there won't be other versions. Unlike all the other characters(except r2), everyone including Vader and 3PO had variations and costume changes.

This is why I believe Hot toys included the miniature comb, to alter his look as you see fit.

Two pack converted for me as well I've never seen HT do a second run like this before only small amounts of conversions and such, interesting that they noticed the inflation and tried to give people a chance to own them for cost

Wish I knew if hot toys planned to retail the falcon cockpit. I might pursue a second set of han and chewie if it was a go.

If they were planning to release that it would make a whole lot of sense for them to re release the two figures it was displayed with and mainly meant for
🤔

My waitlist for Han, Chewie and the 2 pk converted. I am only keeping the 2 pk order though. I signed up for all three to cover all bases. Happy camper here! :)

I'm just curious, where was the official announcement for the 2nd run? Does anyone have a link? Just wanna check out whatever site or wherever it was announced occasionally in case there are future announcements, thanks!

Popcultcha posted a note on Facebook that they were getting more. That's about it. And then other sites put up pre-orders too.

Woo hoo... Tonight I was reading the forum about all the lucky bastards that had their Han & Chewie wait list reservations convert. Then I got a message from sideshow & I became a lucky bastard too. Thank you forum, I was about to buy the 2 pack on the aftermarket for an obscene amount. But I read about the rerelease here and told myself to be patient....ahh dreams come true....now they can release that damn 60s batmobile that I've been waiting for...for years..thank u Hot Toys and thank you SideshowCollectors community.

:hi5:

Back