How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hokie can you confirm/debunk the rumour that JazzInc is being contracted to HT to implement all his mods in a mass-produced re-release of Vader?

I've heard that helmets are being cracked open to insert silver foil as we speak.

Wait, so HT is or isn't doing a second run of Han and Chewie?

LhlVdK.gif

I'm so confused. :lol

and Chewie is gone.

Add a figure to the cart set it to 99 and go down untill the number shows in stock for what they have available.

If they were re-issuing or second running these why would they not ship them to the source where they most likely make the most coin? (North America) We are only talking about a few hundred figures here at most getting pushed back out, its not in the thousands and I would bet its not close to 1,000 in total. Again chances are 8-10 shops either stopped selling hot toys or just didn't get their stock for whatever reason. The delay could have been contractual per the distributor agreement and its 6 months past acceptance and Hot toys can now release the stock.

Popcultcha is the main Hot Toys distributor for the CONTINENT of Australia and they got less than 100 of each (Han, Chewie,Obi).

Well I'm glad I got my Chewie order in when I did then. If it was full blown second wave, it sure seems like Chewie would have lasted more than 3 days on the store. So you might be right.

IMO this is a not a re-production. It looks like there were just several other shops not in North America that did not take stock for whatever reason. Hot toys released this stock to other shops to get it out for distribution. There's been several people say their european suppliers either got shorted or didn't get the figures in. For whatever the reason these just appear to be those allotments and now Hot toys is reallocating them. I cannot see how Sideshow will getting these back in stock and if they do they will only get enough to cover the wait list demand.

Time will tell, however I must disagree with your assumption. I was standing right in front of the owner of my local shop, when he was kind enough to place the call to Sideshow regarding the re-release of Han & Chewie specifically. The woman on the other end confirmed they "sideshow" would be offering them, and only through Sideshow, thus not offering them for wholesale pricing through distribution, shortly...what ever shortly means. Thus when they go up, only through direct online sales on their site.

Time will tell, however I must disagree with your assumption. I was standing right in front of the owner of my local shop, when he was kind enough to place the call to Sideshow regarding the re-release of Han & Chewie specifically. The woman on the other end confirmed they "sideshow" would be offering them, and only through Sideshow, thus not offering them for wholesale pricing through distribution, shortly...what ever shortly means. Thus when they go up, only through direct online sales on their site.

Did that woman work for sideshow?

That goes against what a boardie stated two days ago which the Sideshow customer service rep stated to them there are no plans to get them in and even if they did come in the waitlist is jammed with hundreds of waitlists that they would not even consider releasing until those are filled.

Hope you were not waiting around for them through Sideshow, if so you may be **** out of luck.

We shall see.

I think HT just took a look at ebay and saw all their SW figs being sold on for above RRP & thought lets have a slice of that pie.

Or they thought BS! because of the retailers that pushed the prices up before selling out, or the Ebay scalpers and all the SS pre-orders for the WL items, and all the customers asking for them to make more due to the above factors. I say good on HT. I have all the OT except Obi Wan, and will be glad to add him for retail, I got hit w/ a lot at one time like many did, and that is hard for true collectors. I doubt it will effect resale too much, unless your asking a lot over retail....and who really knows how "limited" a run is anymore anyway......

Also, on the flip it should discourage fakes flooding the after market..a def plus.

That goes against what a boardie stated two days ago which the Sideshow customer service rep stated to them there are no plans to get them in and even if they did come in the waitlist is jammed with hundreds of waitlists that they would not even consider releasing until those are filled.

Hope you were not waiting around for them through Sideshow, if so you may be **** out of luck.

We shall see.

Hokie, right below that post is another to SS, confirming that they are getting them in........

and Chewie is gone.

Add a figure to the cart set it to 99 and go down untill the number shows in stock for what they have available.

If they were re-issuing or second running these why would they not ship them to the source where they most likely make the most coin? (North America) We are only talking about a few hundred figures here at most getting pushed back out, its not in the thousands and I would bet its not close to 1,000 in total. Again chances are 8-10 shops either stopped selling hot toys or just didn't get their stock for whatever reason. The delay could have been contractual per the distributor agreement and its 6 months past acceptance and Hot toys can now release the stock.

Popcultcha is the main Hot Toys distributor for the CONTINENT of Australia and they got less than 100 of each (Han, Chewie,Obi).

I think people are just trying to make some smoke where there is none. Hot Toys does not straight re-run figures and I can only think of one time they did, the DX01 for that melt away rubber compound they produced on the first run. :lol

I think this is the more likely scenario. When HT did do a second run of Kylo Ren they were very public about it on their facebook page but not a peep in regards to these other figures that only a handful of stores have gotten additional stock of.

Well hopefully my waitlist for Chewbacca at SSC goes active, missed out and would love to add him to my collection.

We shall see.

I agree, we shall see shortly, I presume....but yes the woman worked directly for Sideshow, as my local shop deals directly with Sideshow. No other official distributor for Sideshow in Canada.

Looking at SS site....Chewie is waitlisted.....I believe that means he is on his way back...

IMO this is a not a re-production. It looks like there were just several other shops not in North America that did not take stock for whatever reason. Hot toys released this stock to other shops to get it out for distribution. There's been several people say their european suppliers either got shorted or didn't get the figures in. For whatever the reason these just appear to be those allotments and now Hot toys is reallocating them. I cannot see how Sideshow will getting these back in stock and if they do they will only get enough to cover the wait list demand.

It looks like Popcultcha got around 12 or so cases (6 figures in each) of Han and Chewie, plenty of Han left but they are down to 1 chewbacca pre-order now if any one wants it better hurry.

They have more than 1 Chewie left.

It's been fluctuating a bit. I checked last night and it told me they didn't have enough stock to add even one to my cart. But when I checked later, it allowed me to. So I don't know what all that's about.

Looking at SS site....Chewie is waitlisted.....I believe that means he is on his way back...

Not really, I was on WL for a figure for two years before SS finally cancelled the order. I knew that a was not getting it a couple months after it shipped but wanted to see how long they would keep the list open.

Just buy them when they are available and you won't have to worry about all this crap!
(and yes theres flex pay for you penny pinchers;)

It's been fluctuating a bit. I checked last night and it told me they didn't have enough stock to add even one to my cart. But when I checked later, it allowed me to. So I don't know what all that's about.

Probably want to make sure they receive the returns before they send them back out to new buyers.

Back