How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Day

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now Chewbacca, Han and Obi-wan are getting second runs. How do you feel about this? I don't buy so I can sell on so I'm not worried about the value dropping. I'm glad for those people who want them. But I am annoyed that the second run might have improved QC re: Vader's electronics and Chewie's fur colour. It just feels like I might be left with an inferior product because I bought them on the first release.

I already own all the figures except Obi-Wan and I couldn't be happier about it. All the people who missed out gets another chance and the scalper type people take a hit right where it hurts.

I already own all the figures exept Obi-Wan and I couldn't be happier about it. All the people who missed out gets another chance and the scalper type people take a hit right where it hurts.

I'm happy for everyone that missed out and I agree about the scalper comments, I actually own all of these, but I would be a bit miffed if they greatly improve on the Chewbacca.

I already own all the figures except Obi-Wan and I couldn't be happier about it. All the people who missed out gets another chance and the scalper type people take a hit right where it hurts.

THIS!!!! I hate scalpers more than hippies.

.....As someone who whiffed on Han and Chewie this is great news. As someone who picked up the Vader already I am experiencing white-hot anger. :gah:

I'm happy for everyone that missed out and I agree about the scalper comments, I actually own all of these, but I would be a bit miffed if they greatly improve on the Chewbacca.

What could they actually do to improve it, new face? I mean without doing a whole 2.0 version. There already seems to be some differences between the figures with regard to the colored in parts of the fur. I guess they could improve that a bit to look more like the actual Chewie.

I would think that this is just an easy way to make more money since there is clearly more demand. For some of these figures I think they could do a yearly run and it would still sell out.

I wouldn't mind as i missed Han and Chewie. What would lead anyone to believe they would improve upon what was already released though? That would make them a new release not an additional production run. I can see them just doing another run of the same figures without any changes. If they do, i'm going to get Han and Chewie! :)

I wouldn't mind as i missed Han and Chewie. What would lead anyone to believe they would improve upon what was already released though? That would make them a new release not an additional production run. I can see them just doing another run of the same figures without any changes. If they do, i'm going to get Han and Chewie! :)

I don't see any changes to other figures, but probably a lighter fur for Chewbacca.

Are they for sure really doing second runs of these? If so then hell yeah!!!

Yeah, I'm all for more so all fans get them. And seriously, if they greatly improve on chewie, then that means we get even nicer looking Chewies. Collectors can still sell their off as that rare 'first run' type deal on Ebay. Win-win

Back