How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm quite hoping they do. I came across this amazing hobby only quite recently, and was bummed the Han & Chewie pack was sold out. Sure, I could buy off ebay for the $800 mark, but I'd rather spend that money collecting the figures I want currently thats available (and its alot!). But if it ever comes back to production, I'd come first buy :D

Awesome news. Scalpers can suck my nuts.
p.s. Dont collect figures for their potential value...collect them because you like them.

I think it's great. The idea of toys as an investment always struck me as silly, anyway. There are sound ways to make money and that ain't it. :lol

Now watch Ebay and a flood of Han, Chewies and Obi Wans will appear before people get wind of the rereleases...

No stormtrooper rerelease = plans to release ESB/ROTJ/rogue one troopers?

I dunno, sellouts are part of the hobby. Don't like it, get on the stick. For the record I have never bought more than 1 of the same figure(except for troop building) so I'm not a scalper, but I would prefer not to lose money if I decide to sell something. I just think once a figure is gone it should stay that way. It's irrelevant to me in regard to the hot toys star wars stuff because I'll never sell it anyway but it is relevant to other stuff I collect less seriously.

Awesome. cause more parts!! :yess:
and some who missed cause of budget reason will get the chance now.

Yeah, I'm still wondering about the 'worldwide' part. Is this confirmed that OTHER retailers (U.S. ones in particular) are following suit with a new batch?
I don't want to jump on a UK purchase and eventually pay up the wazoo to ship them here, only to find them readily available in the states.

When HT does a second run of a figure, does that mean they're essentially 2.0 versions where they make improvements? Or do they just simply produce more of the same figure that's already out without making any alterations?

A second run of Han and Chewie would work extremely well for me, being that I missed out on the first wave.

I pre-ordered Han & Chewie 2 pack, Stormtrooper 2 pack, single Stormie, Obi-Wan, Luke, Vader and Leia and I got a huge buzz every time I got one in the mail, then opened, futzed and posed. I wouldn't want to deny anyone else that pleasure. I'm never going to sell these figures. So I'm totally in support of re-releases. It shows that HT:
a) listens to fans' demands
b) wants to make more money
both of which is good news for us. HT has clearly raised the bar on the quality of 1/6 scale collecting. Scalpers and flippers here's the news flash: if you want to get rich speculating on the value of things - go to the share market.

Yeah, I'm still wondering about the 'worldwide' part. Is this confirmed that OTHER retailers (U.S. ones in particular) are following suit with a new batch?
I don't want to jump on a UK purchase and eventually pay up the wazoo to ship them here, only to find them readily available in the states.

Retailers here in Sweden have put them up for P.O again, so I'd say chances are good it's a wide rerelease.

Again, happy that ebay and its scalpers can start to suckle my sack with the news...
BUT..WHY is HT choosing to revisit older figures when clearly more demand would be for new releases?

In that case, where the EIII Anakin we were promised after DX Luke?
Why is DX Luke not up on the list?

if this news is true, I'm happy for all including myself. I missed out on Obi-wan and the Stormies. Don't really need the Stormies but would be nice to have, but definitely need Obi-wan

Back