How Batteries Can Damage Your Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never leave them in. Theres always a danger of them leaking. Usually just leave them in for a quick test to see if all is working well then take them out.

Re: How Batteries Can Damage Your Figures[

I always remove the batteries. If I decide to use the feature, I make sure to use new ones and not the ones that Hot Toys supplied.

That's really the key.
Hot Toys use some nasty cheap low quality ones (note: its been probably 5 years since I've owned a HT Iron Man that had batteries)
Replace with a quality brand and you should be fine.

And just another reason why light up features are a stupid idea in these high end toys and statues:
- Add to complexity of manufacture
- Dramatically increase chance of quality issues
- Increase price of product
- Potential long term damage
Who doesn't want light up features in everything!! :D

I should take the batteries out of my star wars figures. I legit never, ever use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remember some folks never open their toys after purchase and just leave it in the closet for many years. i know some manufacturers don't include batteries as they say Batteries Each Sold Separately.

That's really the key.
Hot Toys use some nasty cheap low quality ones (note: its been probably 5 years since I've owned a HT Iron Man that had batteries)

And just another reason why light up features are a stupid idea in these high end toys and statues:

beg to differ on this.

have the HT Weskers for many years, only last year or so i decided to take out the batteries. was in pretty good shape. no leaks, rust etc.

That's really the key.

on robots & vehicles those lights do look great in low lite room.

same as G-Shock, how many of you actually used the Backlight function?

That's really the key.

Any brand that you prefer? or any brand you would avoid?

For AA/AAA type batteries use Panasonic Eneloops rechargeable batteries, they don't leak:

eneloop_Lineup_CG-vert.jpg

Otherwise:

leaked batteries in collectibles 2.jpg

Back