House of The Wolfman...by Lon Chaney's Grandson...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not Universal?

Are you kidding? Universal's idea of giving us a classic monsters revival consisted of Van Helsing and the Creature Musical. This film is being done to show Universal what they should be doing. Seriously, I would say IF it was offered to universal, and they probably would just say meh.:lol

Last edited:
Are you kidding? Universal's idea of giving us a classic monsters revival consisted of Van Helsing and the Creature Musical. This film is being done to show Universal what they should be doing. Seriously, I would say IF it was offered to universal, and they probably would just say meh.:lol

Yeah A film like House of The Wolfman would get Universal back on the right track....MONSTERS!:D

The Monster Era film I would LOVE to see made most, Would be all about Boris Karloff and His life but the issue is, Who could filmmakers ever get that could play such an AWESOME person! :D

Boris Karloff Was, Is, And Always Will Be... KING!:D

They got someone great to play Lugosi, and did you ever see Gods and Monsters? That guy playing Karloff was insane...couldn't have done a better job. The problem is Karloff wasn't a heroin addict, so how do you get people to go see a movie about a happy life???:confused:

They got someone great to play Lugosi, and did you ever see Gods and Monsters? That guy playing Karloff was insane...couldn't have done a better job. The problem is Karloff wasn't a heroin addict, so how do you get people to go see a movie about a happy life???:confused:

Focus on the icons he portrayed and helped establish? :huh

Yeah, but films are about conflict, not that there has to be tragedy, but in most bio films there is a dramatic focal point, some type of tension to hang the film on. You'd need to find something like that in Karloff's life.

Yeah, but films are about conflict, not that there has to be tragedy, but in most bio films there is a dramatic focal point, some type of tension to hang the film on. You'd need to find something like that in Karloff's life.

Not necessarily. I've seen great biopics about people who didn't necessarily lead a "dramatic" life. Showing aspects of a fascinating life is just as entertaining and with Karloff's portfolio of characters, I think the film would be just as intriguing, if arguably not moreso, than say Kurt Cobain. With proper pacing through editing, you don't have to rely on tension to carry you through the film.

That is my point, Filmmakers should honor Boris Karloff. A man who led a Good, Clean, and Happy life.:D A man who was a Family man, A man who gave SO much to charities. A man who took the time out of his days to see disabled children in hospitals.:D I like to go out of a film feeling great! :D
What better story is there to put on film than, The Life of William Henry Pratt?:D The answer NONE.:D

That guy playing Karloff was insane...couldn't have done a better job. The problem is Karloff wasn't a heroin addict.....

I agree with your assessment of the Karloff actor. The events of "ed Wood" however, were grossly misrepresented, and Forry Ackerman as well as others took issue with Burton's "creative license" with regards to bela's final years, and use of language.

Let's be a little clearer, just for the un-initiate's sake. Lugosi wasn't some side street junkie, stalking dives seeking his fix. He injured his back and leg in the war, while serving in Hungary's ski patrol. His pain associated with his injuries became worse as he got older, prompting the use of demerol for pain. He became addicted. He checked himself into a clinic, and was the first celebrity to do so.

There are hundreds of thousands of people worldwide who take medications prescribed for them everyday by doctors (for pain) who are dependent upon the medication for quality of life. Bela just became too dependent. It's sad, but its been overly sensationalized over the years and seems to be the only aspect of his life people want to focus on.

Howabout this...Bela died with nothing. Frank Sinatra, moved with compassion for Lugosi and his family, paid for Bela's funeral. All of it. He never even met him. Bela made, and continues to make, a great impact on people from all walks of life. He is probably more beloved by me than even Karloff. Just because everyone chewed him up, spat him out and took advantage of his lack of the being able to fully understand the English language....but he still shrugged it all off and lived his life, and left a great mark on cinema. The mark of the vampire.

Back