House of The Wolfman...by Lon Chaney's Grandson...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is my point, Filmmakers should honor Boris Karloff. A man who led a Good, Clean, and Happy life.:D A man who was a Family man, A man who gave SO much to charities. A man who took the time out of his days to see disabled children in hospitals.:D I like to go out of a film feeling great! :D
What better story is there to put on film than, The Life of William Henry Pratt?:D The answer NONE.:D

Very little is known about the life of Boris Karloff because he was extremely secretive when it came to his privacy. He was a great guy. But unless they find a diary or something, there isn't going to be a lot to work with. except that he was married about 5 or 6 times, and his brothers considered him something of the "black sheep" of the family for wanting to be an actor.

Regarding Bela, I have read several commentaries on Landau's portrayal by people who actually knew him(most notably his son). They ALL boil down to 1 word:cartoonish. I do not blame Landau for this; he was essentially doing what the script and the director called for. Pity that what they called for was a characature.As for Boris, Biography did an outstanding job on his show. I liked it so much I actually bought a copy;the only other I've felt compelled to do so was the Red Baron...PS

Regarding Bela, I have read several commentaries on Landau's portrayal by people who actually knew him(most notably his son). They ALL boil down to 1 word:cartoonish. I do not blame Landau for this; he was essentially doing what the script and the director called for. Pity that what they called for was a characature.As for Boris, Biography did an outstanding job on his show. I liked it so much I actually bought a copy;the only other I've felt compelled to do so was the Red Baron...PS

Yeah, I am a sucker for those. I bought the whole "heroes of horror" biography set. Thing is, with Karloff, we don't know any of his personal vices. He kept any he may have had secret. He obviously liked the ladies though.:naughty

But with Bela, you can always read some new piece of dirt (whether be it real or cut from whole cloth) with each new thing written on him. I even read one time where they say he beat one of his wives up over a steak being prepared wrong. Its all kind of hard to believe.:monkey3

I agree with your assessment of the Karloff actor. The events of "ed Wood" however, were grossly misrepresented, and Forry Ackerman as well as others took issue with Burton's "creative license" with regards to bela's final years, and use of language.

Let's be a little clearer, just for the un-initiate's sake. Lugosi wasn't some side street junkie, stalking dives seeking his fix. He injured his back and leg in the war, while serving in Hungary's ski patrol. His pain associated with his injuries became worse as he got older, prompting the use of demerol for pain. He became addicted. He checked himself into a clinic, and was the first celebrity to do so.

There are hundreds of thousands of people worldwide who take medications prescribed for them everyday by doctors (for pain) who are dependent upon the medication for quality of life. Bela just became too dependent. It's sad, but its been overly sensationalized over the years and seems to be the only aspect of his life people want to focus on.

How about this...Bela died with nothing. Frank Sinatra, moved with compassion for Lugosi and his family, paid for Bela's funeral. All of it. He never even met him. Bela made, and continues to make, a great impact on people from all walks of life. He is probably more beloved by me than even Karloff. Just because everyone chewed him up, spat him out and took advantage of his lack of the being able to fully understand the English language....but he still shrugged it all off and lived his life, and left a great mark on cinema. The mark of the vampire.

How sad,:monkey2 I did not know Bela died with no money.:monkey2 nor did I know Bela injured his back and leg in the war, while serving in Hungary's ski patrol and had to take pain medications everyday. I Do not like it when people use the word junkie, People have pain and need medications sometimes to help them with the pain. Anyone calling someone a junkie are a junkie as well then. Because I am SURE all of us have at some point taken some type of medication in or lifetime for pain.

Anyone who talks ill of Bela, Richard and I curse you.:D

There's a fine line between being an "addict" and being a "junky." Addicts like in Bela's case got addicted through treatment of a serious injury and taking medication just to function normally in day-to-day life. That's entirely different from a derelict junky who gets stoned for no other reason than escapism from a wasted life.

There's a fine line between being an "addict" and being a "junky." Addicts like in Bela's case got addicted through treatment of a serious injury and taking medication just to function normally in day-to-day life. That's entirely different from a derelict junky who gets stoned for no other reason than escapism from a wasted life.

Bela's life was not a wasted life, Bela's life was an AWESOME life that will live on forever!:D

Very little is known about the life of Boris Karloff because he was extremely secretive when it came to his privacy. He was a great guy. But unless they find a diary or something, there isn't going to be a lot to work with. except that he was married about 5 or 6 times, and his brothers considered him something of the "black sheep" of the family for wanting to be an actor.

I am sure Karloff's family knows enough that such a movie could be made.

Howabout this...Bela died with nothing. Frank Sinatra, moved with compassion for Lugosi and his family, paid for Bela's funeral. All of it. He never even met him. Bela made, and continues to make, a great impact on people from all walks of life. He is probably more beloved by me than even Karloff. Just because everyone chewed him up, spat him out and took advantage of his lack of the being able to fully understand the English language....but he still shrugged it all off and lived his life, and left a great mark on cinema. The mark of the vampire.

Agreed 100%. You couldn't have said it better!

I have contacted My Way Pictures and Chaney Entertainment requesting DVD info and that the dvd be signed by the cast of the film and the Chaney family. :D

Here is the email reply I got.:D

Hi Nick, House of the Wolf Man will not be for sale on Oct 1st. It is just set up to be a premier date. Thanks for the interest in our film. I will keep you updated as to the DVD release date.
All the Best,
John
My Way Pictures

Thanks for the info, Nick.
Here's to hoping some of us get to see it in a theater...
pray3.gif

Here is the email reply I got.:D

Hi Nick, House of the Wolf Man will not be for sale on Oct 1st. It is just set up to be a premier date. Thanks for the interest in our film. I will keep you updated as to the DVD release date.
All the Best,
John
My Way Pictures

Was there any mention of it premiering anywhere? I'd love to see this in the theater.

Evan

Back