House of The Wolfman...by Lon Chaney's Grandson...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding Bela, I have read several commentaries on Landau's portrayal by people who actually knew him(most notably his son). They ALL boil down to 1 word:cartoonish. I do not blame Landau for this; he was essentially doing what the script and the director called for. Pity that what they called for was a characature....

Come on. To be fair, every sodden character in that movie was cartoonish and Tim Burton intended it to be that way. It was never meant to be a docudrama. :rolleyes:

Shortly after Landau won the Oscar for playing Bela, I ran into him at my local Ralphs grocery store. Well actually, he ran into me: his shopping cart banged into mine in the cereal aisle. I immediately recognized him so congratulated him on his Oscar, told him I was a fan of his work. He said to me, "Thank you! That's so nice to hear." He then went on his merry way.

True story.

Man this looks amazing, for what they are aiming for at least. It may do better not even attempting a theatrical release. They should just shoot for an October dvd release for the Halloween holiday and make as much $$ as they can from fans who will appreciate something like this.

And now for the poster. :D

housewolf.jpg

Back