hotttoys aliens, queen, predalien etc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other reason why i think HT could probably not concern on Predator again because Predator had become less popular.

I don't think predator has become less popular, if anything with time, its become even more popular. Sure the recent predator movies have been largely garbage but the classic remains a very popular movie and gains new fans all the time with each new viewing. Remember HT has invested heavily in predator figures over the years and given us many iterations of the figures up until recently with the release of the elder predator, guardian and version 2.0 of the alien versus predators figures. We're lucky to have gotten what we did with ht and more people should be grateful we have what we do instead of complaining at ht.

Just because they're a little slow on releasing figures at any particular time doesn't mean they wouldn't be in the future. These things tend to run in batches.

Last edited:
I don't think predator has become less popular, if anything with time....

I means in most Asia regions, especially most Chinese people don't like this such thing.
The superstition mind of Chinese will think it is no good for Feng Shui if display some weird, ghostly, fierce or bloody figures at home.

I still found the Super Preds, Classic Pred, AVPs and P2s are easy available on some stores / online store in Asia regions.

I am a Chinese too but I love Aliens and Predator.
Now HT just shown "She Alien", this is a good sign from them.
Hope will see more Alien and Predator stuffs from them in future.

I means in most Asia regions, especially most Chinese people don't like this such thing.
The superstition mind of Chinese will think it is no good for Feng Shui if display some weird, ghostly, fierce or bloody figures at home.

I still found the Super Preds, Classic Pred, AVPs and P2s are easy available on some stores / online store in Asia regions.

I am a Chinese too but I love Aliens and Predator.
Now HT just shown "She Alien", this is a good sign from them.
Hope will see more Alien and Predator stuffs from them in future.
There's truth in that (Same country and ethnic).... It's relatively affordable to build predator Armies....

Although I don't have my neca queen in person judging by the video reviews/ and pictures from this forum I'm actually ok with hot toys forgetting about the alien licences. Don't get me wrong I would be super excited if HT ever update their previous aliens and also make a descent size queen but I think the neca alien queen is just so damn good that I might not need one for a quite long time.

I don't think predator has become less popular, if anything with time, its become even more popular. Sure the recent predator movies have been largely garbage but the classic remains a very popular movie and gains new fans all the time with each new viewing. Remember HT has invested heavily in predator figures over the years and given us many iterations of the figures up until recently with the release of the elder predator, guardian and version 2.0 of the alien versus predators figures. We're lucky to have gotten what we did with ht and more people should be grateful we have what we do instead of complaining at ht.

Just because they're a little slow on releasing figures at any particular time doesn't mean they wouldn't be in the future. These things tend to run in batches.

I mentioned this before, but Howard Chan (CEO and Creator of Hot Toys) is a reputed huge Alien and Predator fan. In fact, he's a big fan of a lot of the popular sci-fi/action movies of the 80's like Terminator, Robocop, etc. and his love for these series is what he built Hot Toys on and continues to push in-between their "major" lines like Marvel, The Dark Knight, and their upcoming Star Wars focus.

He has pushed the Alien and Predator lines a lot. Even developing product BEYOND the movies and 12" figures. She-Predator Machiko is an example as are the countless "background" Predators like Guardian, Shadow, etc. They also did a Big Chap Quarter Bust, the AVP & Aliens Snap-kits (3.75" figures), the Big Chap Vinyl Figure, the AVP & AVP:Requiem Cosbabies, and the recent Samurai Predator is part of their "artist collection". This is product that if you're a recent Hot Toys fan, you might not have even SEEN or HEARD about them because they don't even have this stuff on Hot Toys' website (or you really have to dig for some of it). I collected some of them and they were awesome. At one point and time, it wasn't the Marvel Iron Man or DC's Dark Knight stuff you were looking forward to, it was the Alien/Predator stuff. I even remember when we didn't even talk about Marvel Hot Toys on here. :lol :lol :lol

The point is that Howard Chan will keep pushing the Alien/Predator lines. The releases might be slow and far between, but he's still a fan and clearly STILL hasn't forgotten about some of their more creative releases (like Machiko & Samurai Predator) in so much that he's pushing out our first new "Alien Xenomorph" figure in a number of years. It might be a "Hot Angel" Xeno-girl, but it's creative and it keeps the line alive.

Back