HotToys.jp Ask Magazine Vol 2 - Rough Translation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damnit, how could they make Beat It an EXCLUSIVE? I mean the others I can kind of understand, but Beat It? :gah:

Veeeedddddy interesting.

Previous to this, we've really had no idea how big of an edition size most Hot Toys figures are, but now we know 4000 is the lower end. I think the previous thought was that Hot Toys were fairly limited which is why they're able to command such high prices in the retail and secondary markets. That must not be true, as even an edition size of 6000 is very generous.

It's a good thing I'm not interested in any of these exclusives, as it looks like they'll be tough to track down. Lots of high-priced eBay sales with $40 shipping costs.

I'm not liking what I'm reading there about the exclusives. Seems like a big slap in the face to their loyal fans outside of Japan/HK. I mean sure they are a big chunk of it, but how many thousands are there in the US alone now? Let alone the rest of the world. They said they up'd the edition sizes because they disapointed fans at the last convetion, yet they aren't releasing these to fans outside of HK/Japan? That makes no sense. I'll be very disapointed if this is true.

Son-I-am-Disappoint.jpg

I want a Hot Toys' Freddy Krueger!

Honestly if HT wanted to make a ton of cash they'd do the Inception actors as True Types. While it would take a bit to bash them together you'd get the HT quality at least in the base figure. I have a feeling that a DiCaprio TT or a Levitt TT would sell no problem.

yeah, I am imagining this happening so far, I mostly want a Levitt head, I want them to release another skinny body, hopefully Eddie Murphy will be on the black body!

It's nice to finally see HT answer questions about their interest in Metal Gear Solid,it's only a matter of time i guess.

New Vehicle,BTTF Delorean?

It's nice to finally see HT answer questions about their interest in Metal Gear Solid,it's only a matter of time i guess.

New Vehicle,BTTF Delorean?

i think plasmid pointed out that since it was an article from a couple months back, they were probably alluding to the tron light cycle. but damn, a 1/6 delorean would be damn damn DAMN cool. i can't think of another vehicle i'd want more in 1/6. maybe ecto 1.

i think plasmid pointed out that since it was an article from a couple months back, they were probably alluding to the tron light cycle. but damn, a 1/6 delorean would be damn damn DAMN cool. i can't think of another vehicle i'd want more in 1/6. maybe ecto 1.

Two, count em TWO great ideas.

Avatar is a dopey and crappy movie -- but I would like a Neytiri 1/6th scale figure just based on her look, how the scale will be, and the visual appeal of the construct.

Avatar was fun but what is more fun is the thought of having a 20" Na'Vi on the shelf next to standard figures. Those will be a feat to see and definitely be one of HT's shining moments if done right.

The thing with Avatar for me is I could pass on the license but I know the figures themselves will probably be incredible.
I'm glad they didn't come out instantly because I know for a fact I'd have fell into the hype trap and bought everything. :lol

Anyone else find it funny how they said they wanted to choose characters that "would appeal to a wide variety of fans" despite the fact they're only releasing it to a very limited group of fans.

I am interested to see what else they do with Resident Evil 5 though.

Anyone else find it funny how they said they wanted to choose characters that "would appeal to a wide variety of fans" despite the fact they're only releasing it to a very limited group of fans.

If I have 4 apples, each of a different type, I have a wide variety in a limited number. That's not that funny. I get what you're saying though, you're just trying to bust their balls because they're releasing a very hard to obtain figure.

Comic-Con exclusives are even more "limited" and that's just been an accepted way of doing things, I don't see how this is any different. Hot Toys has always released their products to the overseas market. It's only been recently that Sideshow and DC Direct have started to import/distribute them.

I imagine the people in Japan/Hong Kong get very upset when Sideshow releases a figure that's only available in San Diego for 4 days, and they have to pay out the nose to acquire it. Exclusives are just a part of the game.

I want to see a Hot Toys Snake materialize.. I really don't care from which game right now, but Snake is a video game icon that needs Hot Toys immortalization! :clap

If there would be a choice for me, a tie between Solid Snake from MGS1 (PSx) and Naked Snake a.k.a. Big Boss from MGS: Peace Walker (PSP). :duff

That's exactly right. Inception figures just wouldn't be visually interesting enough to warrant the $130+ price tag. Most people would only want a Leo Dicaprio Cobb figure, and the other characters I'm sure wouldn't sell. The movie was great, no doubt, but it doesn't mean the figures from a great movie would sell as well as ones from a terrible movie with interesting character designs (ahem...Predators).

:goodpost:

to fanboys asking for figures from ALL your favourite movies, listen to this man before posting a silly petition :lecture

Back