HotToys.jp Ask Magazine Vol 2 - Rough Translation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avatar is a dopey and crappy movie -- but I would like a Neytiri 1/6th scale figure just based on her look, how the scale will be, and the visual appeal of the construct.

you just wanna peep under her skirt right? :lol

just kidding... peace :pray:

Avatar was fun but what is more fun is the thought of having a 20" Na'Vi on the shelf next to standard figures. Those will be a feat to see and definitely be one of HT's shining moments if done right.

And it gives me hopes of a in-scale Hulk when the Avengers rolls around. :drool

If I have 4 apples, each of a different type, I have a wide variety in a limited number. That's not that funny. I get what you're saying though, you're just trying to bust their balls because they're releasing a very hard to obtain figure.

Comic-Con exclusives are even more "limited" and that's just been an accepted way of doing things, I don't see how this is any different. Hot Toys has always released their products to the overseas market. It's only been recently that Sideshow and DC Direct have started to import/distribute them.

I imagine the people in Japan/Hong Kong get very upset when Sideshow releases a figure that's only available in San Diego for 4 days, and they have to pay out the nose to acquire it. Exclusives are just a part of the game.

But Sideshow does make them available to non-attendees. Even if the quantities are quite limited. Its not even getting the chance that is making so many of us feel alienated. Its one thing to miss out during a PPO, but not even having a PPO is the problem.

9 figure ?

my thoughts

-indiana jones
-jack sully
-reeves superman
-clue 2.0
-neo from matrix:pray:
-mark V
-green lantern license
-thor licence
-capt america licence

it seems to suggest licenses they've not done before. but i hope not, coz that means neo and mark v would be out of your list lord-22. and i really would like to see them done.

Cool! Now I'm looking forward even more to this weekend!! :lol :rock

My hopes/guesses, in no particular order:

Thor
Captain America
Green Lantern
Cowboys and Aliens
Star Wars
POTC: On Stranger Tides
Conan The Barbarian (Schwarzenegger)
Superman

it seems to suggest licenses they've not done before. but i hope not, coz that means neo and mark v would be out of your list lord-22. and i really would like to see them done.

Mark V "secret project" pics are in Marvel thread.

Figures:
Indy
Superman
Mark V
Demon Batman / Scarecrow

Licenses
Thor
Green Lantern
Captain America
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Wars

dunno

thanks man :hi5: never seen "love call" before. at first i was worried it was maybe related to booty call. had me questioning how HT get all these great licenses :lol

as for 日本語, from about 2 and a 1/2 yrs in 鹿児島, back when i was 21. the kanji i learnt through self-study when i got back. i really need to go back and revise it though - my vocabulary now is nowhere near what it used to be when i was studying for exams. you?

九州 ftw! I lived in 熊本, on the border with 福岡 for a few years, and have tried to keep it up since moving back to the US. Didn't spend a lot of time in Kagoshima, but surfed there a few times. I actually started talking an advanced practical japanese communication class here i. San Francisco. Basically we read Japanese newspaper articles (朝日新聞、読売新聞 etc.) - learn lots of technical, terms of art type words, as well as the more formal written style. We also do JLPT "ikkyu" type grammar - really hard. I recommend the class if you're in the Bay Area.

Maybe next term I'll request that we read Figure 王 or the HT Japan articles for our reading assignments...

九州 ftw! I lived in 熊本, on the border with 福岡 for a few years, and have tried to keep it up since moving back to the US. Didn't spend a lot of time in Kagoshima, but surfed there a few times. I actually started talking an advanced practical japanese communication class here i. San Francisco. Basically we read Japanese newspaper articles (朝日新聞、読売新聞 etc.) - learn lots of technical, terms of art type words, as well as the more formal written style. We also do JLPT "ikkyu" type grammar - really hard. I recommend the class if you're in the Bay Area.

Maybe next term I'll request that we read Figure 王 or the HT Japan articles for our reading assignments...

that's cool bro. i passed the JLPT ikkyuu a few years back, but because it was a few years back, i need to revise. i don't know anyone who speaks that formally - all my friends speak pretty everyday casual stuff so that's the stuff i retain most. sounds like you know a lot of hardcore stuff!

that's cool bro. i passed the JLPT ikkyuu a few years back, but because it was a few years back, i need to revise. i don't know anyone who speaks that formally - all my friends speak pretty everyday casual stuff so that's the stuff i retain most. sounds like you know a lot of hardcore stuff!

That's awesome that you passed the ikkyuu - that seems pretty hardcore too!

Back