Hot Wheels Elite Batmobiles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,

After numerous attempts, finally succes.

I,m from Holland and I grew up with the '66 Batman tv. series.
My collection is not so big because I started collecting when the '89 movie arrived.

When I visited this site and red everything about your Batmobiles I wanted to show you my collection of them.

So here they are:

This is the 2003 version, the later one had clear rear windows installed.

The Battledamaged.

The gloss version which came in the clear tube display.

And the Elite.

You have waited a long time but I hope you enjoy the pitures even more now.

( sorry if my English is'nt correct sometimes).

Last edited:
:yess: Congratulations buddy!! I have the 2003 version but that glossy one looks awesome!! The only thing I like about the Elite version is the more detailed interior and that it opens up in the rear. I will probably share a video review of mine this weekend.

Looking forward to more pics from your collection, my man!!

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show! :elefant

You asked for pictures.
Here are a few of my 1/25 modelkits I made.

This one I made from a 1/25 Cord modelkit.
I changed the complete nose, addit a Batman logo on de hood and made a Batman figure from modeling clay.

This is the picture from the comic in which the first Batmobile by name arrives.

The 1/25 Batpod.

And the 1/25 '89 Batwing.
I upgrade the guns and the interior of the cockpit.

This is the stand I made.
Originally there was a hole in the logo in which the connection was for the Batwing.

Last edited:
Question :

Does anyone know if there was a model or a kit of the first Batmobile
by name which appeard in the DC commics number 48.

Corgi made a lot off Batmobiles but never this one I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Found a picture on the web.

And this is the one I found in my collection:

I bought this a year ago, but want to leave it in the box.
Maybe I make one myselve in the future in a bigger scale.

Hello there,

I took me longer than expected but I was finally able to shoot and edit a video review of my Hot Wheels (2003 2nd edition release) 1989 Batmobile. In my opinion, this version is cooler than the newer elite model.

Please, like, comment and subscribe. Thanks in advance. ;)

[ame]https://youtu.be/1shM_2uPJMU[/ame]

Last edited:
Here are some pics of this bad boy:

086_zpse03740ab.jpg
110_zps7c4f4256.jpg
102_zpscdd7a37e.jpg
100_zps3426d920.jpg
093_zps386c84ca.jpg
072_zps1b31e0f9.jpg
090_zpsd04e8d5d.jpg
112_zps1f25d2aa.jpg

really nice photos n video. my version is similar to yours and it was released last yr. not sure what version it is though..

really nice photos n video. my version is similar to yours and it was released last yr. not sure what version it is though..

Thanks, my friend! To be honest, there are so many re-releases by now that I already lost count. To be fair the previous models to the Elite version are way better, more movie accurate and more affordable.

Hello there,

I took me longer than expected but I was finally able to shoot and edit a video review of my Hot Wheels (2003 release) 1989 Batmobile. In my opinion, this version is cooler than the newer elite model.

Please, like, comment and subscribe. Thanks in advance. ;)

https://youtu.be/1shM_2uPJMU

Did you change the rear windows yourselve or did you buy it like this ?

Than your's is very special.

In 2003 the '89 Hotwheels Batmobile 1/18, only came with, non see through, black plastic windows.
I own two off them and both have these windows as I mentioned above.

A picture off the 2003 version:

Here's a picture off the Elite 1/18:

And pictures off some details from the Elite:

real mesh in the seats and air intake.

Overhere also real mesh.

More mesh.

A better detailed enterrior.

And the back.

As you can see, much more diferences and detail.
I agree that the color is a big fault but if Hotwheels want to make another 1/18 '89 Batmobile, they have to combine the 2003 version and the Elite.
That would be a big hit for them.

Perhaps a " Super Elite "

Last edited:
Now, you picked my curiosity so I did what I always do; went online to do some research. I found the answer for both of us.

Two different editions were released in 2003. You have the first release that was a total hit during the summer of that year. After that financial sucess, Hot Wheels (or Mattel for that matter) decided to re-release it with a few refinements late 2003. As I remember, I bought it around the holiday season at Walmart.

Here are the improvements that were made: The opaque opera windows were replaced with clear ones, the tint on the windshield was lightened and the guns were raised a little bit higher. The first batch of the second edition was released on the original 2003 window box but the second batch (those released in early 2004) came in a different window box similar to the posterior battle damage version.

Last edited:
Back