Hot Toys you Disappoint me again!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 out of the 5 hot toys figures ive purchased have come damaged. i just call sideshow and they take care of it. i believe they expect figures to come damaged.

There is no plastic Tab as you have to put the battery in yourself (It comes in a separate bag)

I just feel if it comes with an option regardless of however movie Accurate then for over $200 that option should work!

I am used to having to fix small teething problems with boxed figures from Hot Toys, Soldier Story or Playhouse ect and know that a problem product can slip through QC I am just annoyed that it had to happen on a product that I did originally had so much excitement and respect for.

It's not defective. You simply need to raise the metal contact in the battery pack a little. Open that thing up, grab a flathead or something you can jam underneath the contact and lift it a bit. Then place the battery back inside, screw it tight, and you should be fine.

Try turning on the light while keeping the compartment open and pressing the battery harder onto the contact. You'll see it lights up. A lot of us had that problem with our Berserkers and some had it with Falconer.

I should have stuck with NECA.

Yeah, at least with them, the whole figure falls apart rather than teasing you with one little electronics issue. ;)

Last edited:
As an experienced 1/6 collector I decided that I had not bought any Hot Toys predators recently so I decided to take the plunge and buy the Predators Movie (Falconer Predator) to add to my collection.

Upon opening I was impressed and proceeded to assemble the figure which is 99% complete anyway and I placed the battery into the back in it's correct position turned on the light and NOTHING! WTF? Not a thing no matter how I position the battery, turn the switch and or movie the wires Nothing!!! $250 + Shipping for a piece of defective plastic Not what you expect from a high end collectible figure company, Where is Quality control?

What are you waiting for??? CALL THE COPS!!!!!!! :gah::panic::panic: DO EEHT NAOOO!!!!

:lol

I know some of you may not understand what the fuss is over???

Has no one ever contemplated resale down the track in the future whenever you may want to sell the figure (interests change ect).

I know as soon as the item is opened and (Displayed) it looses a good portion of it's value but come on!! Add factory issues to this and what can you expect to get for a Shelf Displayed faulty product? Parts value is about it! on an item you have paid hundreds of $$ for.

There is no plastic Tab as you have to put the battery in yourself (It comes in a separate bag)

I don't have this figure but what people are talking about is a small, flexible piece of clear plastic that should be (assuming this figure has it, which is what other seem to be saying...) sticking out somewhere near where the 'on' button is or where the battery goes, you're supposed to remove it, it's just part of the packaging. If it's still in your figure, the lights wont work.

Also, where'd you buy from?

2 out of the 5 hot toys figures ive purchased have come damaged. i just call sideshow and they take care of it. i believe they expect figures to come damaged.

Sometimes depending on the look of complexity of a figure and anylising its potentail for QC i have no choice but sideshow becase it will likely arrive with defects :mad:

Such a childish level of reply.
This place used to be helpful and expect at least a minimum level of quality.

:exactly: :(

Problem Solved!!!
Now working!
The issue (well on mine anyway) was in the LED it's self, I checked all connectors with a multimeter and found the switch working just fine 3V so the problem had to be from the plug onwards.

I unplugged the helmet from the backpack and used two fine wires to Jump a different power source through the plug to helmet, 3V button battery did nothing so I used 2 AA 1.5v Battery's with a higher mah then the button cell and after about 10 seconds I got a dull glow then a few flickers followed by full power.

I plugged the helmet back into backpack and turned it on an now it works fine.

The higher amh got the LED working.

I know some of you may not understand what the fuss is over???

Has no one ever contemplated resale down the track in the future whenever you may want to sell the figure (interests change ect).

I know as soon as the item is opened and (Displayed) it looses a good portion of it's value but come on!! Add factory issues to this and what can you expect to get for a Shelf Displayed faulty product? Parts value is about it! on an item you have paid hundreds of $$ for.

Well you WERE overreacting. Just sayin'.:slap

I have sold my Berserker for the same price I got it, and it had defective lights, a missing wire and paint chips from the factory. There'll always be a market. The only problem is when you're expecting to sell it for more. Greed kicks in and you want more but you can't get it because of a defective light, so you start hatin'.

I don't have this figure but what people are talking about is a small, flexible piece of clear plastic that should be (assuming this figure has it, which is what other seem to be saying...) sticking out somewhere near where the 'on' button is or where the battery goes, you're supposed to remove it, it's just part of the packaging. If it's still in your figure, the lights wont work.

Also, where'd you buy from?

I don't think there ever was a plastic tab with the first two Predators figures. They had the batteries come separate.

ive been collecting Hts for a few years now and the ones that do use batteries,ive never had an issue with them..maybe im just lucky.
Glad you got it sorted though,

@ Silasya77 i think people don't overact enough, they do on forums but not with their wallets.

After the Comedian and DX02 problems people should've stopped buying rubber figures because Hot Toys proved they weren't upping their QC, along came the broken foot batman and people still ordered more figures from them, Captain America's wonky A & Star, MK V broken hands, MK VI first batch chest plates and others.

Alot of People let these things go, they decide to settle with them rather than go without or go through the hassle of replacements, i mean some of them can be very trivial, but the point remains that customers are becoming partly responsible for poor QC because they're letting HT know that it wont affect their bottom line to sell defective products.

I've had a few issues and alway got a replacement, its too much money to pay for defects

Back