Hot Toys you Disappoint me again!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piranha

Freaked Out
Reaction score
As an experienced 1/6 collector I decided that I had not bought any Hot Toys predators recently so I decided to take the plunge and buy the Predators Movie (Falconer Predator) to add to my collection.

Upon opening I was impressed and proceeded to assemble the figure which is 99% complete anyway and I placed the battery into the back in it's correct position turned on the light and NOTHING! WTF? Not a thing no matter how I position the battery, turn the switch and or movie the wires Nothing!!! $250 + Shipping for a piece of defective plastic Not what you expect from a high end collectible figure company, Where is Quality control?

Hot Toys Unless these issues can be resolved you have lost yet another customer.

I should have stuck with NECA.

Has anyone else on the board had this issue with Hot Toys Predators?

I don't think the lights on my Falconer work either. There may be a solution that I just haven't bothered trying yet in this case though. It worked for previous figures with LEDs. Take a small shard of a coke can and stick it in the battery compartment. Try it between the batteries and between the battery and the connector or whatever its called. Sometimes theres too much free space, things aren't touching sufficiently.

On my Classic the Blades are a tad loose so when upright they won't hold postion - not a big deal.

On my Shadow the Smart Disc just won't go in the holster - annoying, after a short time holding the spear the hand stretched and can't hold it secure anymore - very annoying.

On others i've had very poor stitching on Spider-Man, broken hand/arm on Iron Man, broken PERS (after about 5 secured uses) on DX01, tear in Blade's bomber Jacket, Bent sword with DX Jack Sparrow.

_________

if you have some batteires from other figures, try them out it might just be the batteries.

Last edited:
What classifies one as an "experienced 1/6 collector"? That's the first I've heard that one.

My mech test tony stars feet had a similar problem.I gave them a few taps and wala they worked fine ever since.sometimes its just a connection problem.

Hot toys is driving us to madness !! Im going insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6152_7673.jpeg

Take your money elsewhere I say.

Less people will buy HTs, HT will lower production runs, quality will be thus improved, the figures will become scarce (?), values will rise, speculators will flourish, the hobby will die...the end.

I had that happen to the berserker predator and it was'nt a deal breaker for me.I mean it is lame but why does the falconer need the lights in the helmet to begin with? Is he going to make laser sounds and scare royce and company?
Just joking yea thats lame

The light up features do not work on most of my Hot Toys figures. Doesn't bother me though as I remove all the batteries almost immediately after receiving my figures and I never ever intend to put any batteries into my figures.

As an experienced 1/6 collector I decided that I had not bought any Hot Toys predators recently so I decided to take the plunge and buy the Predators Movie (Falconer Predator) to add to my collection.

Upon opening I was impressed and proceeded to assemble the figure which is 99% complete anyway and I placed the battery into the back in it's correct position turned on the light and NOTHING! WTF? Not a thing no matter how I position the battery, turn the switch and or movie the wires Nothing!!! $250 + Shipping for a piece of defective plastic Not what you expect from a high end collectible figure company, Where is Quality control?

Hot Toys Unless these issues can be resolved you have lost yet another customer.

I should have stuck with NECA.

Dramatic much? :lol

These things happen from time to time.. if you're an experienced collector of these items, surely you'd know that wouldn't you? :dunno

I just recently bought a HT Falconer too, & I've yet to open him - let alone test the light up feature, but if you don't have the option of getting a replacement.. I feel your frustration somewhat.

Thanks for the input guys,
I can not find any plastic tab anywhere?
The battery has plenty of kick and is touching on both terminals and power switch is in the on position I have even checked the connector where the helmet connects to the chest armor.

Dude if you never pulled a plastic tab out then that's the problem . I know you can't find it but did you ever pull the plastic tab out? The plastic tab is probably pushed in to far.

Falconer never turned his tri-laser on in the movie plus he doesnt even have a plasma cannon (more movie accurate) DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:slap

Back