Hot Toys, you’re going to put yourself out of business!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys has no choice to raise prices. Even if their collectibles were still in the $130-$180 price range demand would be so high most customers wouldn't even be able to get one. Then there would be even more complaints about long delays and bad quality. Though we're already starting to see some price resistance when the figures go above $225. I've already held off on a lot of new pre-orders and have been much more selective this year. I have a feeling this year we'll see at least a dozen figures which cost upwards of $300. So hopefully Hot Toys realizes the sweet spot is around $200 for a really good figure. But ultimately they're going to do whats best for the company and bottom line. Of course higher price points not only adds more money to their pockets but gives them a little more breathing room since their backs are not up against the wall every time there is a new release. Also they can spend more money on talent which should improve the quality.

The only problem I have with this hobby is not enough space. I need to move lol.

Disagree. I am having more fun now then when I started.

Me too, I'm having a ball
woohoo.gif

Same here. :dance

The more my collection grows, the more I love it. Paying to grow it is more work than it used to be, but it is entirely worth it.

Do sneakers have "limited edition collectible" written on the box?

Not printed on the box but in some cases are very limited...I believe it's called a quick strike in the sneaker community where as not all stores have a particular pair :lecture...Your welcome.

Who cares if Hot Toys goes out of business. I hope they do. I never understood the reasoning behind following what sells out and what doesn't. Just buy the toys you want and don't worry about sales or releases. If you can't afford em anymore, you're not alone. Either put up, or quit. If 2.0s bother upgrade or be satisfied with what you have.

Anything else is just boring speculation. This isn't the stock market, nobody here has investments in these dolls.

I don't care If they went out of business, it would save me a lot of money :yess:

Hot Toys will be around, and able to charge arms, legs, and toes for their stuff, as long as there are people with decent incomes and no financial sensibility.

*runs off to pre-order the next big HT thing* :lol

Disagree. I am having more fun now then when I started.

The reason I'm having so much fun is customs and modifications. I'll pass on HTs Bane release even if mine is going to take six months to even get the materials together.

Sent from the Monolith.

Hot Toys will be around, and able to charge arms, legs, and toes for their stuff, as long as there are people with decent incomes and no financial sensibility.

*runs off to pre-order the next big HT thing* :lol

Hot Toys are for the rich now. I don't fall into the category of "decent income."

The reason I'm having so much fun is customs and modifications. I'll pass on HTs Bane release even if mine is going to take six months to even get the materials together.

Sent from the Monolith.

I hear you. For me I would rather have a good base to build from then starting completely from scratch. My attention span is way to short to start from the ground up.

Back