Hot Toys Yondu Tease

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James Gunn did a long spoiler q and a tonight. I asked several times about further figures, to no avail. In fairness, there was 5,000 people watching and asking questions.

I think they're the company that takes the prototype pictures for Hot Toys(?), so they know things before we do. Because of that, they like to tease people a lot. :lol

One day they posted a ton of stills from Batman Returns, and another day they made a post hinting that HT might be making a new Kyle Reese figure for MMS 200 or something; that one got a lot of people angry.

Back in 09, right when HT really dug their nails into Iron Man, PE would post pics of say a leg piece that was of the Mech Test suit from Iron Man 1. For a while, they had actual genuine teases that led to real figures. But for the past few years, they've been posting pics that are purely either coincidental or plain trolling. A lot of members don't bother with their bollocks anymore.

James Gunn did a long spoiler q and a tonight. I asked several times about further figures, to no avail. In fairness, there was 5,000 people watching and asking questions.

Does he even have a say in what products get made? I would think it's ultimately up to Disney marketing and Hot Toys.

Does he even have a say in what products get made? I would think it's ultimately up to Disney marketing and Hot Toys.

nope, he has nothing to do with who makes what figures or toys. He is promoting this one, helping with IW and starting work on GotG 3, he does not have much time to deal with other things.

I never thought of him being a possible Toy Fair exclusive..... Haven't they mainly just been variants of characters made?

I know Maria Hill was one, but Yondu in Vol 2 is on another level than Maria Hill in any of the movies she's appeared in.

Ultimately, all I care about is being able to get him, though.

Just came back from the movie. They REALLY need to make this.

He was really one of the main stars of the movie.

Finally saw the movie, on board for a Yondu figure. Didn't care much for him in GOTG 1, mainly because my collection is based on characters I like from the comics and I never really got into the cosmic side, especially older cosmic. He was probably my favorite character in this movie though.

Yondu has been my favorite since the first movie, and I LOVE how much more screentime and development he got in this.

It's killing me waiting and hoping for a reveal of him. :gah:

Yondu has been my favorite since the first movie, and I LOVE how much more screentime and development he got in this.

It's killing me waiting and hoping for a reveal of him. :gah:

Same! I really liked him in the first movie, and the second just made me like him more! I can't think of the last time I wanted a reveal this badly. Hope it'll be soon!

I think they're the company that takes the prototype pictures for Hot Toys(?), so they know things before we do. Because of that, they like to tease people a lot. :lol

One day they posted a ton of stills from Batman Returns, and another day they made a post hinting that HT might be making a new Kyle Reese figure for MMS 200 or something; that one got a lot of people angry.

Thanks for the insight Captain!

I have to admit, I'm on board for this. Hopefully light up mohawk, even better if the shorter version is an accessory, and arrow. Yondu really stole the movie for me. Ego would be next, Drax and Mantis are close, then groot. Star lord. Gamora, and nebula are kind of meh.

I just want to add Yondu and Nebula to the shelf and i will be happy (i have everyone else). Even if Nebula is not made this time around still plenty of chances for her with IW and GotG 3.

nope, he has nothing to do with who makes what figures or toys. He is promoting this one, helping with IW and starting work on GotG 3, he does not have much time to deal with other things.
I'm not sure this is 100% true because he did say he was making sure there is as much merch and figures of the girls as there are of the guys this time.

I'm not sure this is 100% true because he did say he was making sure there is as much merch and figures of the girls as there are of the guys this time.

But it's him asking someone else in merchandising to do it. He would not be going around to toy makers, approving designs, asking for changes, etc. He does not have the time. It would be like the CEO of disney making sure there are more water fountains in Disneyland. He would not have much more to do with it after he said he would like it done.

But it's him asking someone else in merchandising to do it. He would not be going around to toy makers, approving designs, asking for changes, etc. He does not have the time. It would be like the CEO of disney making sure there are more water fountains in Disneyland. He would not have much more to do with it after he said he would like it done.
He said he was talking to merchandise companies. Maybe he just sends someone maybe he goes himself. Fact is, he does care. And as far as what I've seen, he's not your average director, he'd probably go himself just coz he wants his characters represented just right and coz he wants little girls to be able to buy a Gamora figure and shirt. I'm not saying he's approving designs but he doesn't just lean back either.

Just read this on Facebook and thought would pass it along.

James Gunn has confirmed that Yondu is indeed dead in the MCU. He has said long as he is involved with Marvel, he won't let Yondu return, as that death was meant to be final.
Eagles eyed fans may remember actor Michael Rooker posted Instagram photos of himself around Atlanta. This was an attempt by Gunn and Rooker to mislead audiences and fans into thinking Yondu would survive into AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.
This however is not the case. That death is indeed final. Gunn has not ruled out the possibility of Yondu flashbacks or prequel films. But as far as Mary Poppins returning? Don't count on it anytime soon.
https://screencrush.com/michael-rooker-infinity-war-instagr…/
(Tim Costello)

I thought it was kinda clear he wouldn't return.

Gunn even said that the reason he wasn't sure whether or not he'd direct the 3rd movie was because he wasn't sure he wanted to do this without Rooker around. ^.^ Thank god he decided to stay! :D

Back