Hot Toys wrist peg problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sojourn

Freakalicious
Reaction score
This may sound like sort of an odd question, but I'm having serious issues trying to resolve it on my own. I have attempted to change out the hands on a couple of figures, ie; Hellboy, Joker DX, and it seems that every time I try to remove the hand I pull the wrist peg out of the arm with the peg still attached to the hand. The wrist pegs themselves seem really fragile, and as far as I know, replacement pegs are nearly impossible to find.

Is there some trick to removing the hands-minus the wrist peg- that I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
more recent figures come with more pegs, so you dont have to do this as much.
take the hand with the peg in it and run it under hot tap water for like 30 secs, this will softer up the hand and the pegs should just pop out

Anyone know whick pegs fit in the wesker arms? I tried several but they're all to big. Am I Sally going to have to hunt for weaker arm pegs too??

My wrist peg on my HT Batman figure (the first release) broke and it is a bigger peg than all the others, I couldn't find any on evilbay so I had to pin and glue it, it sucks. I just go real slow and use the hot water method listed above.

Hair dry and pop them off.

Anyone know whick pegs fit in the wesker arms? I tried several but they're all to big. Am I Sally going to have to hunt for weaker arm pegs too??

Are you sure? All HT wrists work with HT bodies. The only difference is the older wrists had larger pegs for the hands themselves, but the arm part is the same.

No. I tried 4 pairs of pegs and they were all too big for the wrist hole. Maybe I have a defective one?? I dunno. I have another coming soon. It'll let you know. I also have a VIP body in the mail too.

Hot Toys will send you replaceents sometime they are super slow though, They just sent me a replacement now or my Bog Chap peg when I first notified them 2 months ago.

ht posts are really brittle. i've broken a ton of them and the only way you can get replacements is by buying them separately on ebay. i've given up any attempts at contacting the retailer or hot toys. too much crap to go through. LOL

I just f'd up and broke off Dutch's left wrist peg....half in the hand and the other half in the wrist.....any tips on how to get both out?

No. I tried 4 pairs of pegs and they were all too big for the wrist hole. Maybe I have a defective one?? I dunno. I have another coming soon. It'll let you know. I also have a VIP body in the mail too.

Just wrap some blue masking tape around the smaller pegs until it fits the hole correctly. I do that allthe time and you can't even see it at all.

I do it another way... wrap the peg with a thin towel and use your teeth! The towel is to prevent any marks (and saliva) from getting on the peg. Works for me.

:slap :slap :slap :slap

Do not use your fauking teeth to pull out a wrist pin.

:slap :slap :slap :slap

Driill it out. Drill a small hole in the middle, screw in a slightly bigger screw than the hole part way and pull the rest of the pin out.

And next time, be gentle with Dutch. :wave

bend the elbow by the holding the forearm and heat the hand a bit when swapping hands. :wink1:

I think he's asking about when pegs come out with the hand... not when the peg is broken inside... which is when drilling may have to happen.

What wrong with teeth?? Unless your teeth are falling out I suppose.

The problem with using your teeth is that sometimes you don't realize the amount of pressure you're using and then "SNAP" the wrist peg goes flying with only the piece in your mouth intact.The best way would be like EF said heat up the peg with a blow dryer or heat up some water in the microwave(for around a minute depending on the micro)and then pull it out with some tweezers or small pair of needle-nose pliers.

Oh:slap the pegs are too big for the wrist holes! I have no idea why I read that wrong. I would take some fine sand paper and wrap it around the peg and then twist in both directions, making the peg a little thinner. I've done that as well.

:slap Do not use your fauking teeth to pull out a wrist pin.

Driill it out. Drill a small hole in the middle, screw in a slightly bigger screw than the hole part way and pull the rest of the pin out.

And next time, be gentle with Dutch. :wave

bend the elbow by the holding the forearm and heat the hand a bit when swapping hands. :wink1:

:lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture Honestly, you don't even have to drill. Just heat up the head of a sewing pin (the flat part), stick it in the snapped off peg part and leave it for a spell while it cools. Then just pull the mofo right out (sometimes you might need to give it a twist). Easy as cake and you won't be taking power tools to your $200+ collectibles. :wink1:

To remove it normally, always grab the forearm and with fingers on the peg itself, and gently twist it as you pull. To remove the hand, use the boil and dip method. Keeps your figures minty fresh for years to come. :lol

Last edited:
Teeth all the time :stormtroo

The newer pegs seems more robust than it used to.

The wesker body is the problem not the wrist pegs, for whatever reason its a tighter fit, blade is the same way too

:lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture Honestly, you don't even have to drill. Just heat up the head of a sewing pin (the flat part), stick it in the snapped off peg part and leave it for a spell while it cools. Then just pull the mofo right out (sometimes you might need to give it a twist). Easy as cake and you won't be taking power tools to your $200+ collectibles. :wink1:

To remove it normally, always grab the forearm and with fingers on the peg itself, and gently twist it as you pull. To remove the hand, use the boil and dip method. Keeps your figures minty fresh for years to come. :lol

tks nam....your method sounds much easier and safer....

Back