1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To that point, I hope Affleck gets over himself and sticks with it. I've liked his take on the character and it could be very good to have a film focused on him with a good. strong director at the helm.

Back to this figure...thanks for posting the shots - she looks fantastic here-

I'm still smitten with the DOJ version, but I must admit, that new portrait looks even better- here's another look at the DOJ version for comparison...

WONDER-WOMAN-007.jpg

Pretty much how I feel. Gal’s Wonder Woman is a fantastic interpretation of the character unfortunately lost in a mess of a DC cinematic universe. I have appreciated some of the things born out of it though, and this figure will represent that nicely on the shelf.

Many of the DCEU characters are. Affleck’s Batman, Cavill’s Superman and Gal’s WW I feel are all excellent portrayals, lost in a sea of ineptness from the higher ups.

Yes, my bad - I just voyaged back several pages and saw the news/shots...looks gorgeous -can't wait! That portrait is breathtaking!

Ah ok, I was gonna say. :lol

LOL- yeah, I haven't checked in this thread for a while - looked at my aging PO list and she's the "oldest" figure on it...glad she is finally going to start hitting - can't wait for the "in-hand" shots to start turning up.

In the meantime, another quick look at the only HT "Diana" we've got right now...

WONDER-WOMAN-009.jpg

Many of the DCEU characters are. Affleck’s Batman, Cavill’s Superman and Gal’s WW I feel are all excellent portrayals, lost in a sea of ineptness from the higher ups.

Ah ok, I was gonna say. :lol

Yep totally agree here. I love the current castings. Justice League was such a disappointment. And I'm sure Affleck would continue if he knew the franchise was in good hands higher up. Sure it's perhaps not the only reason he's out or thinking of out. As much as I hate to compare to Marvel if it was Feige running show I'm sure he'd be in for a couple more movies as there is a clear future and direction.

True. Cast and characters are pretty good overall,BUT the stories are really really bad ,except for WW.
Justice League was almost laughable...

JL was just so slapped together. It's like they put more effort into the marketing and toys than they did writing the bloody movie.

They're like; "Hey let's invent a liquid and alien tech that we can use to revive the dead to bring back Superman, and he can come back crazy and attack them!"
uh....guys? You already have that in various incarnations of DC storylines, it's called a Lazarus Pit.
"We do? Oh, sorry, we just skimmed through one comic book, and only looked at some of the pictures. That riddler-ey guy is called Lex Luthor, right?"

Well to cut them a little slack the departure of Snyder (be it fired or not) certainly led to a film which was patched together.

Put together a patched story, atrocious CG and you end up with a real disappointment. No fault at all to the actors.

Just sucks really. So much potential and importance to set up this next slate of movies and they fumbled it like a rookie.

Yep totally agree here. I love the current castings. Justice League was such a disappointment. And I'm sure Affleck would continue if he knew the franchise was in good hands higher up. Sure it's perhaps not the only reason he's out or thinking of out. As much as I hate to compare to Marvel if it was Feige running show I'm sure he'd be in for a couple more movies as there is a clear future and direction.

True. Cast and characters are pretty good overall,BUT the stories are really really bad ,except for WW.
Justice League was almost laughable...

With the exception of SS, I thought all of their films have been at least decent as a film. BvS UE, MoS and WW I personally think are some of the best modern day superhero films, with BvS for me being the best; I just watched the UE again last night and remembered how much I really like it (every time I do I catch something new). It makes me glad to have the Trinity from that particular film. JL was decent, not bad, but after how good BvS and WW were to me, I felt it could have been so much more.

The higher ups just are acting like the Three Stooges right now when it comes to the direction of this franchise. Why are they making a stand alone Joker film with Joaquin Phoenix, when they should in my opinion be focusing on continuing to build and develop their main cast of characters? Film by film basis, I think 75% of them are some of the best superhero films out there. Franchise/universe as an aggregate whole though, seemingly has no clear direction and is being done very haphazardly.

Yep totally agree. The UE BVS is so much better than the theatrical. Also love MoS and WW of course.

As the UE BvS was so much better, this is why I was hoping like hell that they would release the Snyder Cut of Justice League.

I still live in hope.....

Thanks for posting this! I forgot he had this figure coming.
She looks incredible in the natural light! Can't believe how realistic the legs look, some of HT best work yet.

I'm estatic for the JL version now..I know this is TA expression captures Gadot to a tee, because WW is supposed to be intense..she's a Amazon and a warrior.

Although Gal is noted for her smiling and funny , giddy behavior. A smiling WW wouldn't be the best to capture WW, unless it was a smirk or grin.

I think HT did listen to the fans, by choosing a angry intense expression for both TA and JL versions. I'm hoping that only the issue that can ruin the JL sculpt is the expression not matching rooted hair. Because with sculpted hair, there is no way in my mind that the TA sculpt isn't Gadot portraying WW.:lecture

I really wish they'd reconsider and sculpt the hair on the JL version to. Looks so much better than the doll like rooted hair.

Rooted hair sometimes looks a bit odd and out of scale because it’s essentially 1/1 hair on a 1/6 figure.

Though on some figures (usually female), it works. Most of the time, it doesn’t.

Back