1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the exception of SS, I thought all of their films have been at least decent as a film. BvS UE, MoS and WW I personally think are some of the best modern day superhero films, with BvS for me being the best; I just watched the UE again last night and remembered how much I really like it (every time I do I catch something new). It makes me glad to have the Trinity from that particular film. JL was decent, not bad, but after how good BvS and WW were to me, I felt it could have been so much more.

The higher ups just are acting like the Three Stooges right now when it comes to the direction of this franchise. Why are they making a stand alone Joker film with Joaquin Phoenix, when they should in my opinion be focusing on continuing to build and develop their main cast of characters? Film by film basis, I think 75% of them are some of the best superhero films out there. Franchise/universe as an aggregate whole though, seemingly has no clear direction and is being done very haphazardly.

Definitely agree with you on MoS and WW. I was astonished to see the hate for MoS after seeing it. Granted, I never had a nostalgic connection to a previous cinematic version of Superman, maybe this had something to do with it? (somehow I completely missed the Reeve Superman stuff growing up — Marvel Boy through and through I suppose)

I was over-the-moon hyped for BVS and left pretty disappointed. It had a lot of the gears I was looking for that would make an excellent comic-book movie, but failed trying to assemble the pieces into a cohesive machine. Maybe I’ll give the other cut a shot.

JL was a bad time and I’d rather have that time back. I don’t have much else to say about it.

This all being said, maybe the DC movies can turn it around with these actors yet. I’ve loathed my fair share of Marvel movies and have enjoyed seeing that giant get back on track.

Definitely agree with you on MoS and WW. I was astonished to see the hate for MoS after seeing it. Granted, I never had a nostalgic connection to a previous cinematic version of Superman, maybe this had something to do with it? (somehow I completely missed the Reeve Superman stuff growing up — Marvel Boy through and through I suppose)

I was over-the-moon hyped for BVS and left pretty disappointed. It had a lot of the gears I was looking for that would make an excellent comic-book movie, but failed trying to assemble the pieces into a cohesive machine. Maybe I’ll give the other cut a shot.

JL was a bad time and I’d rather have that time back. I don’t have much else to say about it.

This all being said, maybe the DC movies can turn it around with these actors yet. I’ve loathed my fair share of Marvel movies and have enjoyed seeing that giant get back on track.

If you simply thought the BvS theatrical cut lacked cohesiveness and that’s what prevented you from liking it, the UE fixes that big time, so you should like it. If you didn’t like the tone, the character arcs, how they were portrayed, etc, the UE won’t help that.

Put it this way: I still liked the theatrical cut when I saw the film in theaters, but after seeing the UE, I realized how much the TC lacked. The theatrical cut is dead to me and the UE is what I consider as being BvS. The UE for me is my favorite modern day superhero film.

I recall it (the UE) being shown in select theaters for one evening when it released, so technically it was shown in theaters as well.

If you simply thought the BvS theatrical cut lacked cohesiveness and that’s what prevented you from liking it, the UE fixes that big time, so you should like it. If you didn’t like the tone, the character arcs, how they were portrayed, etc, the UE won’t help that.

Put it this way: I still liked the theatrical cut when I saw the film in theaters, but after seeing the UE, I realized how much the TC lacked. The theatrical cut is dead to me and the UE is what I consider as being BvS. The UE for me is my favorite modern day superhero film.

I recall it (the UE) being shown in select theaters for one evening when it released, so technically it was shown in theaters as well.

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot :)

With the exception of SS, I thought all of their films have been at least decent as a film. BvS UE, MoS and WW I personally think are some of the best modern day superhero films, with BvS for me being the best; I just watched the UE again last night and remembered how much I really like it (every time I do I catch something new). It makes me glad to have the Trinity from that particular film. JL was decent, not bad, but after how good BvS and WW were to me, I felt it could have been so much more.

Yeah even though BvS went a little too dark for my taste, I was still a big fan of the edgier tone and general direction the DCEU seemed to be heading in. But then JL seemed to shift everything into a much lighter and campier tone that didn't work at all.

I can only hope that was just a fluke and Aquaman and WW84 will bring back more of the style we were used to.

As long as Danny Elfman isn't writing more crap music, I'll probably be ok. It was distractingly bad in JL. Anyway, TA WW looks AMAZING! Is it an updated body compared to BvS WW?

Yeah even though BvS went a little too dark for my taste, I was still a big fan of the edgier tone and general direction the DCEU seemed to be heading in. But then JL seemed to shift everything into a much lighter and campier tone that didn't work at all.

I can only hope that was just a fluke and Aquaman and WW84 will bring back more of the style we were used to.

Seems unlikely. Aquaman, WW and Shazam seem more likely to follow the MCU style than the darker tones established by Snyder in MoS and BvS.

I do hope one day we get to see Snyder's version of JL.

Turtle882 said:
As long as Danny Elfman isn't writing more crap music, I'll probably be ok. It was distractingly bad in JL. Anyway, TA WW looks AMAZING! Is it an updated body compared to BvS WW?

According to Dean Knight's review it is basically the same body as before except we see the knees on this one.

Thanks. Haven't had a chance to watch DK's review yet.

As much as I've enjoyed having the BvS WW its pretty clear this new sculpt is a big upgrade. Even for those not getting the JL WW I think it would be well worth them getting hold of the sculpt from that figure when it releases.

Despite being plastic the god killer sword looks more realistic than the BvS one. Love the bow to.

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot :)

No problem. :duff

Yeah, watching it (BvS) again, I also forgot just how dark it was. However, I personally really liked it because based on what the premise of the film was, I thought it fit well. It told a pretty deep story in showing just how jaded Batman had become psychologically.

I personally already didn’t expect JL to be AS dark and edgy as BvS because I think Superman’s sacrifice/death was supposed to be kind of the turning point that caused many of these heroes to essentially start anew and come back to the light per se, but with the DCEU seemingly coming into shape and having direction after the events of BvS and WW, JL just kind of felt like “meh”. Like I mentioned before, I don’t think it was bad by any stretch, I can still watch the film and enjoy it for what it’s worth, but it just felt like it could have been much more than it was. There was something lacking to where it just wasn’t as intriguing and good as MoS, BvS and WW. Even some of the CGI in JL paled in comparison to the other three.

As much as I've enjoyed having the BvS WW its pretty clear this new sculpt is a big upgrade. Even for those not getting the JL WW I think it would be well worth them getting hold of the sculpt from that figure when it releases.

Despite being plastic the god killer sword looks more realistic than the BvS one. Love the bow to.

I personally think this is HT’s best female figure in general, based on what I’ve seen thus far.

No problem. :duff

Yeah, watching it (BvS) again, I also forgot just how dark it was. However, I personally really liked it because based on what the premise of the film was, I thought it fit well. It told a pretty deep story in showing just how jaded Batman had become psychologically.

I personally already didn’t expect JL to be AS dark and edgy as BvS because I think Superman’s sacrifice/death was supposed to be kind of the turning point that caused many of these heroes to essentially start anew and come back to the light per se, but with the DCEU seemingly coming into shape and having direction after the events of BvS and WW, JL just kind of felt like “meh”. Like I mentioned before, I don’t think it was bad by any stretch, I can still watch the film and enjoy it for what it’s worth, but it just felt like it could have been much more than it was. There was something lacking to where it just wasn’t as intriguing and good as MoS, BvS and WW. Even some of the CGI in JL paled in comparison to the other three.

I personally think this is HT’s best female figure in general, based on what I’ve seen thus far.

We got Belle and both Princess Leia. Finally female figures are made as is it should be. Sculpted hair are much better looking.

I think I have to agree with this. The likeness is pretty great as well.

After what happened with my Gamora figure, though, I'm not purchasing a seamless figure from Hot Toys ever again.

This is definitely a contender for Figure of the Year in my book. I know most would probably give that to Yondu right now, but for me this gets the edge simply because of how gorgeous it is, and because it captures just how damn great Gadot looked in that outfit, :D

Right now, contenders to me look to be this, Yondu and Grand Moff Tarkin. Maybe Anakin as a mere contender to fill the ballot, but I don’t think he’d be as strong a candidate as the other three.

I think I have to agree with this. The likeness is pretty great as well.

After what happened with my Gamora figure, though, I'm not purchasing a seamless figure from Hot Toys ever again.

The only issue I’ve had with a seamless body was Abigail Whistler, where it developed some white creases in the crook of the elbow. However, that was my doing because I had the arm sharply bent in a pose where she was taking an arrow out of her quiver.

I don’t pose seamless figures with any of the joints bent, very slightly at the most, and my Thor figures, BvS WW and Gamora have all been fine.

I can't believe how amazing this figure is- in the video so many shots of her look like photos of Gal posing!!
The box itself is stunning- this is THE figure of the year!

Thanks for posting that video-looks really good!

The only hit it looks like it might've taken from proto to production is the skirt. Not as distressed as the proto and the final material choice looks different.
But not a deal-breaker by any stretch. And that portrait! WOW! As much as I enjoy the BvS one, this one is definitely a step up.

Really gorgeous effort from HT here - from the nice packaging to the figure itself.

Now for my two cents on the movie discussion-
I love the UE cut of BvS. Snyder was building something here with his take on the story. I'm just sorry he wasn't allowed to finish it off-maybe someday, we'll see that original cut of his. I don't think his version of JL would have been as dark and dire as BvS...it couldn't be- the idea is that the heroes were working together and in the end the league was truly tested and formed. And Snyder's version probably didn't have all of the mood-breaking, scene-busting "quips" that Whedon had to cram in.

I love MoS, BvS:UE and Wonder Woman. Justice League will always be an exercise in what could've been. Only the cast keeps it watchable, despite itself.

Now back to the figure- more pics please! Gotta a bit of a wait here!

I don’t pose seamless figures with any of the joints bent, very slightly at the most, and my Thor figures, BvS WW and Gamora have all been fine.

This effectively reduces an "action figure" to nothing but standard safe museum poses for ongoing display purposes.

Back