Hot toys Wolverine preview pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Wolverine...first look, at last!

Looks fantastic, and if it can't be in the X-Men uniform, I'm glad it's this particular outfit.

Really? You think HT would add a second sculpt instead of a second figure? Do not get me wrong, I like your idea but I am guessing a second figure with the hair, growl, improved sculpt and wife beater.

you're probably right that HT will just have a second version. But I really like the jacket look, so I may just stick with this one even though the wife beater and spiky hair is his more traditional look. Like I mentioned before, I'm not liking the compromises you have to make with the muscle body (even though it looks damn good!). I like to have the option for action poses!

It would be nice to get the alternate sculpt like the Terminator mentioned!

True, but the reason the end products end up tweaked is BECAUSE of people being truthful critics instead of fanboys. How is saying the sculpt is a bit weak in the Jackman department hurtful to the company when they can see that their customers would like it to be changed?

I, for one, am not worried about Hot Toy's feelings. They can dry their eyes with the fistfulls of cash they will be making from this. :lol

I can't tell if he's on the muscular body or not. I hope he comes on that body...

Really? You think HT would add a second sculpt instead of a second figure? Do not get me wrong, I like your idea but I am guessing a second figure with the hair, growl, improved sculpt and wife beater.

Well i'm just comparing this idea to what they did with "Marcus" character in the TS line. Marcus is somewhat a 2-in-1 figure. I don't think HT's can afford to pull a "make a better version down the road" maneuver again, not these days.

I can't tell if he's on the muscular body or not. I hope he comes on that body...

Not likely, and that's fine with me, I want maximum posability for Wolverine and the muscle body's too limiting to waste on him with all those clothes.

I hope the finish on his blades looks that metallic in the end, that'd be badass.

no one is wound up. like i said, just calling it like i see it. what exactly about my comment shows that I am wound up about something? You made a lame and predictable and beaten with a stick joke and all I said was to get new material.

Stop trying to fish for more than there is in the pond. Yeah who cares, that's why youre the one making the dumb jokes about another company?

Medicom's likeness is much better than this. and let's face it, if this were medicom's product, most of you would be trashing the figure left and right.

*sigh* Recall your initial post (quote #2). Talk about lame and predicatble arguements that have been around for years. My response was the same lame, predictable arguement that been around for years but I was having fun with it.

Relax, all is good.

Not likely, and that's fine with me, I want maximum posability for Wolverine and the muscle body's too limiting to waste on him with all those clothes.

I hope the finish on his blades looks that metallic in the end, that'd be badass.

My thoughts exactly. If he has metallic looking blades then that'd be absolutley crazy. I hope they do :rock :rock

Well i'm just comparing this idea to what they did with "Marcus" character in the TS line. Marcus is somewhat a 2-in-1 figure. I don't think HT's can afford to pull a "make a better version down the road" maneuver again, not these days.

I am feeling ya, I like your idea 2 in 1. I am game. I won't hold out hope of it happening. Most of HT stuff sells well, money to be lost not producing a second figure. Here is to hope....:D

I wonder if he'll have a sweet looking base or the traditional base. I love the traditonal base, HT has the best bases IMO. But I think they have room to do something sweet for this stand.

I guess I'm in the minority, because I think it looks great. Dying to see more pics!

Wow, I've been here almost four years and only one post away from 500. Took me long enough. :lol

I wonder if he'll have a sweet looking base or the traditional base. I love the traditonal base, HT has the best bases IMO. But I think they have room to do something sweet for this stand.

Interesting idea. Perhaps a gravel road from the scene after he blows up the chopper?

from the pic shown, i think wolverine looks cool, cant wait to see more pics.

so far it think it looks good, i would still buy him the way he is right now but you know Hot Toys is gonna take all this criticism and improve on wolvie before he ships...cant wait to see full specs

I am also a big fan of the traditional base, it adds to the consistency of your overall display. If not we always have Evilface to make i'm sure any decal you need to customize one.

who else thinks V2 will be on the muscle body with a wife beater on?

As is it looks good enough to get. Not much Jackman likeness, but i also remember the Rocky 4 proto shot which changed considerably to final product and looked great.

I have faith this will look just like Hugh when it's all said and done.

yeah exactly. It never hurts to leave it so it's all consistant but with how they did the pred1 base with the plants and stuff looked sweet. So maybe like what Darkseed said, if they were to do a gravel road or something that'd be sweet.

i'm not feeling it based on this pic, but i'd like to see more pics from different angles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back