1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. These are poopy quality images. When I first got this I wanted to show my friend some details he may have missed when looking at promo shots and whatnot. I noticed people talking about the spikes so I thought I’d share. The last pic was taken for my insta.

741ACD66-12AA-4110-8D26-7EE7E112CCE9.jpg

88325210-8DCC-4E31-8160-CA1C32BA599E.jpg

1DD19121-070A-460B-91C7-03340BF0F9D7.jpg

256B571F-A156-4BB0-B2AB-64B2AB44AB3E.jpg

6A1E2723-2B5B-41C5-A5FF-12FFD5FE5EA1.jpg

"say this to yourself to deal with this inaccuracy: there's no way an organism would grow those stupid spikes, because he wouldn't be able to sleep except on his belly." why would I say it to myself when the point was to share the knowledge I already had? There is no need to be angry.

definitely no need! it just seems that missing spikes on the back would bother you for inaccuracy, so i tried to soften it by pointing out it's biologically better without them.
can't know why it was read as angry.
and thank you for the knowledge of course, i never knew they were there before your post 6 days ago.

The issue i have with this whole spikes on the back thing is this: They're on his back, you would never see them anyway. I mean who would pose a figure backwards?

To be frank, I never even knew they were there to begin with until it was pointed out in this thread a few days ago. Now that I know they are there, I prefer not knowing they were there because I do concur that they are a bit dumb. Even though them not being on the figure is technically an inaccuracy, it's one inaccuracy I'm actually glad they didn't get accurate.

As was mentioned, I'm not going to be displaying the figure backwards anyway, so I couldn't care less if they were there or not. It's not really that big of a detail to me. It was mentioned before that the spikes were apparently on the CK version, but the CK version lacked the scarring on the right shoulder. Between the two, the scarring on the shoulder is a detail I'd rather have every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Wolf skin was inspired by crocodiles.
alligator-back.jpg

they are bones going through flesh:

Also I am almost positive that hot toys forgot the back spikes on wolf. If you watch on YouTube (avpr wolf predator on set) ADI workshop video it shows his whole back and he has around 12 bone colored spikes on his back. The old hot toys wolf had them but we're not painted and the SH monsterarts wolf predator has them but again not painted anything but his skin color. This cool props photo shows what I'm talking about:
jolee baby name

It looks pretty much like the same body that was used on the prototype to me.

When the Fugitive Predator prototype was first shown at last year's SDCC, I recall it being suggested that they were using the Wolf body for it. Now apparently the new assertion is that for Wolf, they're using the Fugitive Predator body for it. Do we even know what the torso of the Fugitive Predator figure body even looks like to get a confirmation on this, because 75% of it is covered by armor, let alone if a Fugitive Predator body even exists outside of the prototype? The Fugitive Predator body on Wolf seems like an unfounded rumor to me at this moment.

Guys look at the movies. This is how the Fugitive's upper body looks like in the lab scene. Wolf's torso looks nothing like it. But either way his upper body is inaccurate.

The abdomen on this figure is just like the way the Fugitive Predator looked in the new movie when they had him undressed in the lab. And if you look at the comic con prototypes of the Fugitive, you can see that same stupid vein down the middle of the biceps, just like this figure has. Same body.

I found this picture of wolf and the abdomen looks similar to the figure in my opinion, I'd say for the fugitive predator - his is more pronounced and his pecs are shaped differently Wolf Predator Costume.jpg Wolf Ab Comparison.jpgWolf Ab Comparison 2.jpg

The abdomen on this figure is just like the way the Fugitive Predator looked in the new movie when they had him undressed in the lab. And if you look at the comic con prototypes of the Fugitive, you can see that same stupid vein down the middle of the biceps, just like this figure has. Same body.

The third photo DavidYeet posted of the Wolf suit has that same bicep vein. And the shoulder has Wolf's scar sculpted into it.

Awesome figure although I'm happy to give it a pass. Wish they'd just hurry up and release a Jungle Hunter 2.0 and be done with it.

Fake news. You didn’t realized that Fugitive Predator body looks close to Wolf Predator. Sculpted by ADI effect guys. They made every Predator from AvP, AvP:R etc.

Back