1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunning photo.

I am still not sure that I want this or not. It just looks off a little and it feels like to me it is a little lazy attempt by Hot Toys. It plagued by to many issues. At least this is how I feel about it now. On the other hand I am not sure when will be a quality Wolf predator figure or statue out there next.

I’m sure it would probably be plagued by its own set of issues as well. Nothing is ever perfect.

The worst I can call this figure is lazy in the accessory department -- or better yet, overpriced. While it's the best-looking Wolf figure available, it's not HT's best effort and that leaves a nasty taste. Having that said, a couple missing mandibles I never would've used aren't going to taint my entire experience with the thing. It's a black mark on the value of the package and on HT's reputation, but it doesn't somehow ruin the figure itself.

Well the obvious fix for me is to cut the tubing some, making thinner at the ends so it fits in the holes.

Why not shove the tip of a mechanical pencil or a thick needle into the holes on his back and wiggle until they widen?

They sell figures for almost nothing and you expect high end quality paint job ?

Not high-end, but the $10 McFarlane figures from 15 years ago looked better than the $30 stuff NECA's making now.

Last edited:
a couple missing mandibles I never would've used isn't going to taint my entire experience with the thing.

My sentiments as well. The lack of closed mandibles and the plasma pistol inaccuracy doesn’t bother me because I don’t plan on using either. However, I can see how it’d bother others if they planned on using them. It’d be like me thinking they screwed up the bio-mask and being disappointed about it because I wanted to display him with it on.

As I’ve mentioned before, the only nitpicks I have right now are the lack of dreads towards the front of the sculpt and lack of hands (both of which don’t ruin the entire figure for me), and the only worry I have is just how difficult it will be to snap that additional plasmacaster into place. I’m wondering if it can be modded to where you can affix a magnetic strip to the caster and the pack, so that way you can literally just stick it on and take it off with ease.

I’m really diggin’ having him posed wielding the whip. It’s a different weapon than any of the other Preds have.

The worst I can call this figure is lazy in the accessory department -- or better yet, overpriced. While it's the best-looking Wolf figure available, it's not HT's best effort and that leaves a nasty taste. Having that said, a couple missing mandibles I never would've used aren't going to taint my entire experience with the thing. It's a black mark on the value of the package and on HT's reputation, but it doesn't somehow ruin the figure itself.

Why not shove the tip of a mechanical pencil or a thick needle into the holes on his back and wiggle until they widen?

Not high-end, but the $10 McFarlane figures from 15 years ago looked better than the $30 stuff NECA's making now.

This guy gets it. I have older neca figures that are painted better than the new ones even. And 30-40$ figure ain't nothing to me.

Do you guys think there will be more ebay sellers selling this for a cheaper price in the next month or so?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

No. Won't be cheaper.
Wow I'm really shocked then, in the past there were always lots of sellers for various alien or predator figures but the prices were usually hiked up just in the beginning. There is no way I would ever pay what is listed currently on ebay. I will have to look elsewhere that can ship to Canada. Shame I didn't preorder.

Wow I'm really shocked then, in the past there were always lots of sellers for various alien or predator figures but the prices were usually hiked up just in the beginning. There is no way I would ever pay what is listed currently on ebay. I will have to look elsewhere that can ship to Canada. Shame I didn't preorder.

I preordered it from Sideshow. Only $150. Good to have Sideshow Rewards points :)

I preordered it from Sideshow. Only $150. Good to have Sideshow Rewards points :)
Good for you, already noted that several posts ago. Sideshow doesn't really work for me (or others outside of USA) because of expensive shipping prices and additional heavy duties/taxes since they refuse to mark items gift/sample and low value.

BBTS ships worldwide. Charging retail for the figure itself.

OK apparently I was really wrong about the horns/spikes on his back, there were not just a couple, there are at least 30-40 of them and the hot toys wolf 2.0 has none on his back. Watch the ADI workshop 9min video called "to dress a predator" on YouTube and look at the back of wolf and you will see what I mean. You see his back in the first couple of minutes. I could see missing them if there are a couple, or even 6 of them but they are everywhere on his back. They basically make up his back. Not sure how they missed this.

OK apparently I was really wrong about the horns/spikes on his back, there were not just a couple, there are at least 30-40 of them and the hot toys wolf 2.0 has none on his back. Watch the ADI workshop 9min video called "to dress a predator" on YouTube and look at the back of wolf and you will see what I mean. You see his back in the first couple of minutes. I could see missing them if there are a couple, or even 6 of them but they are everywhere on his back. They basically make up his back. Not sure how they missed this.

say this to yourself to deal with this inaccuracy: there's no way an organism would grow those stupid spikes, because he wouldn't be able to sleep except on his belly.

Back