1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys look at the movies. This is how the Fugitive's upper body looks like in the lab scene. Wolf's torso looks nothing like it. But either way his upper body is inaccurate.

The abdomen on this figure is just like the way the Fugitive Predator looked in the new movie when they had him undressed in the lab. And if you look at the comic con prototypes of the Fugitive, you can see that same stupid vein down the middle of the biceps, just like this figure has. Same body.

I'm not interested in screen shots from films. I'm looking for definitive proof that they are using the body that is or was intended for the Fugitive Predator on the Wolf figure, because at this point, we don't know what the Fugitive Predator figure body really looks like or if one even exists outside of the prototype. When I look at the prototype pictures of the Wolf figure, outside of the paint job (which I think is better on the final product actually), the body looks the same to me as the one used on the final product.

I found this picture of wolf and the abdomen looks similar to the figure in my opinion, I'd say for the fugitive predator - his is more pronounced and his pecs are shaped differently View attachment 439244 View attachment 439251View attachment 439252

Yep. If people are going to insist on referencing film screen shots of Fugitive Predator to justify the unfounded rumor that they are using the Fugitive Predator figure body for the Wolf Predator figure, there's also screen shots and behind the scene photos (as you just demonstrated) that illustrate how the torso design on Wolf Predator is also similar in pattern to what the torso design on the figure body reflects.

I'm not interested in screen shots from films. I'm looking for definitive proof that they are using the body that is or was intended for the Fugitive Predator on the Wolf figure, because at this point, we don't know what the Fugitive Predator figure body really looks like or if one even exists outside of the prototype. When I look at the prototype pictures of the Wolf figure, outside of the paint job (which I think is better on the final product actually), the body looks the same to me as the one used on the final product.

Yep. If people are going to insist on referencing film screen shots of Fugitive Predator to justify the unfounded rumor that they are using the Fugitive Predator figure body for the Wolf Predator figure, there's also screen shots and behind the scene photos (as you just demonstrated) that illustrate how the torso design on Wolf Predator is also similar in pattern to what the torso design on the figure body reflects.

This is why I said that you guys are actually right. And I am glad that this is the case.

Wolf Predator
www.instagram.com/series209
331BDD03-1F4B-46DC-A5FD-0E4B3BB0F7FA.jpg

God it's so hard to look at how pathetic his dreads are. There should be so much more dreads on the sides than that. Can't believe ht messed up something so simple and important.

God it's so hard to look at how pathetic his dreads are. There should be so much more dreads on the sides than that. Can't believe ht messed up something so simple and important.

Yeah, there can stand to be a few more dreads; just like pretty much every HT Predator. A lot of that I feel is because the dreads are slightly too thick for 1/6 scale.

I’m really diggin’ having him posed wielding the whip. It’s a different weapon than any of the other Preds have.

I agree. Very Iconic and distinct!

I wish they would do a backstory type movie on Wolf Predator. Perhaps prior to getting the face wound and showing how he got it. If any predator character is deserving of a prequel back story, it would be Wolf!!!

For those who would chime in with the Jungle Hunter, only thing I see with that is where the story would go as he came to earth and hunted. Wolf, there is the question of what his role is exactly in the Predator society as a "cleaner". How did he achieve this role? How did he get the face wound (obviously from an alien) but during his blooding ritual hunt, or on another "cleaner" expedition etc.

So what does everyone think is more important when it comes to movie characters, the behind the scenes suits or what you see on screen? I actually as of yesterday feel like what is in the film is what is meant to be seen or the final product and therefore is what should be referenced. What does everyone else think?

Yeah, there can stand to be a few more dreads; just like pretty much every HT Predator. A lot of that I feel is because the dreads are slightly too thick for 1/6 scale.

It's a freaking joke man. Look at my avp elder here:
avp2.jpg
avp1.jpg
I know the avp preds film wise have bigger hair but to give wolf so little is insulting.
My P2 elder is the only other one i have with short hair like this.
p2 elder1.jpg
p2 elder 2.jpg
p2 elder 3.jpg

It's a freaking joke man. Look at my avp elder here:
View attachment 439306
View attachment 439307
I know the avp preds film wise have bigger hair but to give wolf so little is insulting.
My P2 elder is the only other one i have with short hair like this.
View attachment 439308
View attachment 439309
View attachment 439310

Looks nice. I have P2 Elder so I’m quite aware of what the figure looks like, and I hope to snare AvP Elder myself one day as I think it’s a really nice looking figure. Still could use more dreads though (doesn’t ruin the whole figure for me personally because there’s way more positives than negatives), as I feel the majority of HT Predators do. I wasn’t joking about that. Apologies if me pointing this out ruined your Wolf bashing fun.

So what does everyone think is more important when it comes to movie characters, the behind the scenes suits or what you see on screen? I actually as of yesterday feel like what is in the film is what is meant to be seen or the final product and therefore is what should be referenced. What does everyone else think?

Between the two, I tend to gravitate more towards how it looks under natural lighting because that’s what the color of the suit/outfit actually looks like. Though I consider both to be accurate in their own ways.

I agree. Very Iconic and distinct!

I wish they would do a backstory type movie on Wolf Predator. Perhaps prior to getting the face wound and showing how he got it. If any predator character is deserving of a prequel back story, it would be Wolf!!!

For those who would chime in with the Jungle Hunter, only thing I see with that is where the story would go as he came to earth and hunted. Wolf, there is the question of what his role is exactly in the Predator society as a "cleaner". How did he achieve this role? How did he get the face wound (obviously from an alien) but during his blooding ritual hunt, or on another "cleaner" expedition etc.

I’d be down with a Wolf prequel. Or a film set in the future in the time the Alien franchise was set in, that has a Predator or Predators hunting both Aliens and the Colonial Marines.

With a Wolf prequel, at least you know the Predator is guaranteed to survive at the end. :lol

Yeah i love my avp elder, was a big fan of the original and was thrilled to get the 2.0. I'm just glad i didn't listen to the naysayers who said it was a bad sculpt. In hand it blew me away. I'm hoping in hand this will please me as it's been a grail figure for me.

I hope to acquire both him and Ancient, in that order. I too have come to actually like the original AvP and I think the AvP figures are near home runs. My Scar is arguably my favorite figure in my entire collection.

Well you are lucky, my berserker, tracker and falconer straps and fake leather flaps, skirts, belts completely deteriorated. I'd say since scar came out 5 years ago..you have around 2-3 more years on those straps before they start to go, berserker took 7 years to start breaking down.

Well you are lucky, my berserker, tracker and falconer straps and fake leather flaps, skirts, belts completely deteriorated. I'd say since scar came out 5 years ago..you have around 2-3 more years on those straps before they start to go, berserker took 7 years to start breaking down.

Same here, I sold my Berserker cause it was starting to fall apart. My 2.0 preds however have held up just fine. So I think its either because they are not as old as the Beserker or perhaps HT actually used a better quality material.

If I recall, the beserker and crew were release in 2009-2010 and the 2.0's came around 2013-2014. Except the Elder AVP 2.0 was in 2015-2016. So may need a few more years to get to the same age when the Berserker started falling apart.

Luckily, my Berserker is still pretty much in pristine condition. The only minor trouble it’s given me is one of the straps on his right gauntlet with the scimitar came unglued and I had to re-glue it, but no deterioration thus far fortunately. Same goes with my Scar.

As mentioned though, I presume either would be a relatively easy fix. Just purchase some real leather and cut the appropriately sized strips to remake the straps or loin cloth.

For anyone who’s interested, here’s another production photo I found that shows a bit more detail of him unmasked, and clearly shows a pupil in his left eye with the missing yellow iris:

95227bb8b5f4f2e710c7eb193ead3a16.jpg

Back